• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Similar threads

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
I see now when you create a thread, as you type in the title it will populate a list of "similar threads".

I'm assuming this is a new feature; I haven't seen it before today...

I think, nice one! This could be very helpful in preventing too many duplicate threads about the same subject. What will be key is how well the results match up to the desired subject.

A question, though - you (Boss) recently posted how it can be better to have many small threads instead of fewer long ones, since it's easier for good info to get lost in a long one.

Wouldn't this new feature instead drive people to post to those longer, pre-existing threads instead of creating a new one? Or is the intent more to reduce people asking questions that have already been answered?

I see now when you create a thread, as you type in the title it will populate a list of "similar threads".

I'm assuming this is a new feature; I haven't seen it before today...

I think, nice one! This could be very helpful in preventing too many duplicate threads about the same subject. What will be key is how well the results match up to the desired subject.

A question, though - you (Boss) recently posted how it can be better to have many small threads instead of fewer long ones, since it's easier for good info to get lost in a long one.

Wouldn't this new feature instead drive people to post to those longer, pre-existing threads instead of creating a new one? Or is the intent more to reduce people asking questions that have already been answered?

Yes I agree with this point. I just disabled the feature for now. You can still see "similar threads" at the bottom of each thread, but I agree that it may just result in huge threads where information gets lost.

Thanks for the heads up!

Back