• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Since June 8th I Have Picked Up A Few.. Quite A Few!

rthomas218

Oakley Expert
Greenville, SC
So, I joined the forum to learn and read more on the collections etc. Found that I like special and limiteds as most do. I started my intro with 8 sun glass frames, my prescription metal plates and 5 or so pairs of goggles for dh mtb and snowboarding. Well, in the past two months I have picked up a pair of Juliets, X-Squared (sold the squared), Fuel Cell: Jupiter, Max Fear, tonal flag and TLD Piston. Jupiter Square:Ice Factory Lites, TLD gold limiteds, and a pair of Jordy's. I also snagged a pair of Ducati Stoner Scalpels, a pair of silver Jawbones and a pair of wind jackets. Oh, I also picked up the Flying tomato Cannon bike and Cannon Time Bomb along with an X-metal 6 ft case and 2 shelf counter top unit. Its completely out of hand and I think I need a recovery group meeting ASAP! Until then, I am looking out for a Devils Brigade Antix and heading to Seattle and Portland next month and 2 Vaults are on my route.. Sorry for the long winded message, just feel like an addict right now. I uploaded some of my display collections a little while ago..

I think its not having a wife anymore to tell me no helps. Its been the best couple years of my life post divorce, although I have equal share custody of my 2 boys and kept the house with everything in it. Helps to have a good lawyer and a PI I guess. Just seem to have alot more spending $ even with a single income and more bills to pay on my own.. Thinking the ex was far more expensive than I thought..

On a side note, I was told by my local vault go to that the wind jackets will be no more, so if you were thinking about a pair, get em while you can. Told me to stock up on gaskets as well.

Don't feel bad about collecting too many Oakley's... believe me you will fit right in with pretty much all of us members here. Almost like an OA meeting (Oakley Anonymous rather than Alcoholics Anonymous,lol) group of people here that come here to talk about recent Oakley purchases and also purchases many of us are still planning on making.
Last year I ended a relationship that lasted close to 3 years and this chick I was with was too young for me really (she was 23 and I was 33 when we split up)...nothing wrong with the difference in age really we are both adults however she still acted like she was 18 and loved to party heavily with my money. I had enough of this and cut off the relationship and man it feels like I can breathe again...I was so afraid of being alone again but to my surprise being alone feels amazingly great...not to mention I can buy more stuff including my favorite thing of all...Oakley sunglasses! :) I celebrated a little too much when I first realized I had much more money each Month for spending on myself and bought too many Oakleys. It happens to many of us collectors.

I have a pretty high amount of Oakleys however I am in the process of selling off quite a few (already sold about 10 pairs) and have decided to only keep the Oakleys in my collection that I wear.

It is good to know that you can always sell your Oakleys if you choose to do so and this is also a great place to sell them.

Anyway nice collection. :)

Oh forgot to add...next Month when I get paid I will be buying a pair of Juliet's in Carbon with Black Iridium Polarized lens...can't wait. :cool:

Sounds like a very similar story to mine. Wife never grew up and never really slowed down with the partying. I went full tilt last year and made a few trips to Vegas, Utah and a trip to Colorado to party and snowboard. That was when I got over the worrying of being alone. I make it a point to wear every pair I own and if I value them too much to wear, they gotta go :)

Nice to know there are quite a few with this same addiction for collecting and I will be going to the Charlotte Vault Saturday to see what they have. Guaranteed addition.

Back