1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

Just got a single wide. It has the cabinet bottom versus the two drawers.
    Which one is best?
    Your opinion please

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

Personal I could always fit more boxes and what not on the shelves over the drawers.

3. Spenc

Spenc Oakley Collector Premium Member

I think draws are little better only because you can pull them out to see inside but each to there own .

4. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

Shelves

5. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

The drawer version, from what I've been told, is the better of the 2. Acc'd to a Rep I knew it was the first release of the X-Metal Single-Wides..... If you look at the corner angle pieces with the "rivits" it should be 2-layers thick equaling about 1/2". This model was discontinued due to its weight and was too heavy to move around in stores/Vaults....thus resulting in the "door" version. This model will be 1-layer thick on the corners. My drawer version was very well constructed with ball-bearing slides on the drawers. Now again.... This is what I was told by the IL Oakley Rep.....there may be other stories about it but it makes perfect sense.

6. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Drawers if for no other reason than additional security- another lock to pick/drill out = more time thieves spend inside and more exposure/ opportunity to catch.

7. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

No catching required if you wire the shotgun up right. When you get home they will still be there, and there and over there....... :)