• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Single Wide Drawers Versus Cabinet

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
Just got a single wide. It has the cabinet bottom versus the two drawers.
Which one is best?
Your opinion please

I think draws are little better only because you can pull them out to see inside but each to there own .

The drawer version, from what I've been told, is the better of the 2. Acc'd to a Rep I knew it was the first release of the X-Metal Single-Wides..... If you look at the corner angle pieces with the "rivits" it should be 2-layers thick equaling about 1/2". This model was discontinued due to its weight and was too heavy to move around in stores/Vaults....thus resulting in the "door" version. This model will be 1-layer thick on the corners. My drawer version was very well constructed with ball-bearing slides on the drawers. Now again.... This is what I was told by the IL Oakley Rep.....there may be other stories about it but it makes perfect sense.

Drawers if for no other reason than additional security- another lock to pick/drill out = more time thieves spend inside and more exposure/ opportunity to catch.

No catching required if you wire the shotgun up right. When you get home they will still be there, and there and over there....... :)

Back