1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. NUMBER 2

NUMBER 2 Oakley Collector

Has anyone used Skrill? I just signed up for an account. It is much more logical than Paypal. The charges for sending funds are 1% and there is no charge for receiving money. In other words, the sender pays the fee of 1% and the receiver pays nothing. I am willing to pay 1% for convenience, but 3% is ridiculous.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

PayPal has been around a long time and I feel safe using it... I'm just not comfortable giving my bank account info to some "off brand" money transfer website. I'll gladly pay a slightly higher fee for peace of mind.

Dyeraudio likes this.
  3. NUMBER 2

Been around a long time, but they rip off people. More power to you if you feel comfortable with that.

4. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

I would say try Skrill if it works for you then great, Just look for hidden fees.

5. Kuztomized

It could also be argued that you get what you pay for. I would assume that PayPal has better protection against hackers than Skrill. If you are comfortable with your account info possibly being at risk then more power to you.

6. NUMBER 2

PayPal was just hacked a few weeks ago bro

7. Kuztomized

Ebay was hacked a few months ago, but PayPal data was not affected. I'll agree to disagree because we obviously will never see eye to eye on this.

Last edited: 10/4/14
    Nortika likes this.
  8. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

If no one is using skrill, then its not much value. I probably would not sign up for an account to save the seller or myself 2 or 3 dollars.
    you'd be surprised who gets hacked on a daily basis. hell turn on logging on your linksys router and watch who tries to get in all night.
    We only hear about the ones that got leaked to the media. Whole banking networks hijacked and held for ransom .