• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Skrill Vs Paypal

CigarAficionado

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Has anyone used Skrill? I just signed up for an account. It is much more logical than Paypal. The charges for sending funds are 1% and there is no charge for receiving money. In other words, the sender pays the fee of 1% and the receiver pays nothing. I am willing to pay 1% for convenience, but 3% is ridiculous.

PayPal has been around a long time and I feel safe using it... I'm just not comfortable giving my bank account info to some "off brand" money transfer website. I'll gladly pay a slightly higher fee for peace of mind.

PayPal has been around a long time and I feel safe using it... I'm just not comfortable giving my bank account info to some "off brand" money transfer website. I'll gladly pay a slightly higher fee for peace of mind.
Been around a long time, but they rip off people. More power to you if you feel comfortable with that.

Been around a long time, but they rip off people. More power to you if you feel comfortable with that.

It could also be argued that you get what you pay for. I would assume that PayPal has better protection against hackers than Skrill. If you are comfortable with your account info possibly being at risk then more power to you.

Ebay was hacked a few months ago, but PayPal data was not affected. I'll agree to disagree because we obviously will never see eye to eye on this.

Last edited:
If no one is using skrill, then its not much value. I probably would not sign up for an account to save the seller or myself 2 or 3 dollars.
you'd be surprised who gets hacked on a daily basis. hell turn on logging on your linksys router and watch who tries to get in all night.
We only hear about the ones that got leaked to the media. Whole banking networks hijacked and held for ransom .

Latest Posts

Back