• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sku Number On Juliet Ducati

I don't think any x metal sunglasses have serial numbers anymore, they used to. I think the number on the frame is just a sku number used for identification. All my sunglasses have a sku number, I don't have any old enough to have a serial number. The ducatti juliet I bought yesterday is a carbon frame with no text or icons at all. Is the text usually stamped into the metal or written like on the x squared?

ok frame markings went through a few evolutions. first you had serialised frames. then the serials went away and it was blank. then they started having the SKU numbers on the frame, along with the frame size.

now depending on what frame color/generation, the markings were either ENGRAVED or were PRINTED. eg. Xmetal 1st gen juliets were generally ENGRAVED. the gen1 titanium frames had the serials PRINTED, and did wear off.

i have seen carbon frames with SKU engraved, but not sure if they also PRINTED them on some frames. if it was printed, it could very well have worn off. otherwise, its not really a big deal either. a non serial Ducati Juliet basically has a regular carbon frame anyway. Unless its a serialised edition, theres nothing to fuss over =)

Oakley plumber said:
I don't think any x metal sunglasses have serial numbers anymore, they used to. I think the number on the frame is just a sku number used for identification. All my sunglasses have a sku number, I don't have any old enough to have a serial number. The ducatti juliet I bought yesterday is a carbon frame with no text or icons at all. Is the text usually stamped into the metal or written like on the x squared?

What u have is SKU 12-673. This was the model that does not have any markings. This was produced after Oakley discontinued serial numbers and before they printed SKU and frame size on the arms.

Thanks a lot guys, very helpful indeed. I paid $150 and the guy didn't have a box or coin so it was nagging me if it was fake or not. It looks the same as my other juliet. Bottom line is I'm very happy with my new glasses. But there's always that doubt. "if a deal is to good to be true...."

Thanks a lot guys, very helpful indeed. I paid $150 and the guy didn't have a box or coin so it was nagging me if it was fake or not. It looks the same as my other juliet. Bottom line is I'm very happy with my new glasses. But there's always that doubt. "if a deal is to good to be true...."
150 is a great deal. i walked away with a gen1 serial Xmetal juliet for $70 once.gotta keep that sharp eye out..

Has anyone ever seen a x metal ducati combi with no serial?

My understanding is that initial runs of the ducati juliet came in x metal and carbon frame options and with serials. Subsequently frame options only came in carbon and then serial was removed.

Reason for asking was I had the chance to get a x metal ducati but had no serial. I turned it down because I was looking for a pair with serial but reading this thread made me wonder lol.

Back