• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Slate Ichiro Lens Help

Yeah they are. He's an honest seller and I bought stuff from him before. He also has a lot of serialized in-box Juliet Browns and I bought a BNIB set from him.

Anyone know how that ebay seller has so many ICHIRO lenes? Are they Real?
I've been wondering this as well. He has been selling so many sets of Ichiro lenses recently I was questioning the legitimacy of his stuff. It's good to hear you guys have had good dealings with him. I guess I'll be getting a set of OO Blue lenses from him now :).

just FYI before you buy them, they aren't OO's they are the blue iridium ichiros with deep blues and purples. OO's have a slight green tint to them in addition to the blues and purples.

just FYI before you buy them, they aren't OO's they are the blue iridium ichiros with deep blues and purples. OO's have a slight green tint to them in addition to the blues and purples.
Yeah, I just recently realized that. I was excited for a moment because I thought they were OO Blue and I wasn't reading the description closely.

OK, I've got 2 pair of polished "JB" serial Juliets. The labels on the boxes state OO Blue and the lenses are both deep blue with a tinge of purple and not a trace of green.
I've also got several pair of blue Ichiros with 2 different print fonts on the etching and 2 different hues of blue. A thead that discussed fonts and contains pictures is here:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/variance-in-ichiro-blue-iridium-juliet.23719/
A pair of Ike lenses that I shifted to Rubyskull were so green that they looked half green and half blue. I've seen him post pics of that pair here also.
PennyHoney appears to be of the same impression that I am, that the first release of Blue Ikes were OO blue which is a deeper/purplish blue and the third release was a Blue Iridium which contains greenish hues.
This makes sense since the "better" deeper colors (ala X serial Juliets, Pennies/ Romeo Fire, OO blue) took longer and were more expensive to manufacture. Manufacturing processes changed to a less expensive formula and we wound up with diluted lens colors like Fruby and Blue IR.
In summation I believe OO blue is deep blue with purple tones and no green. Please correct me if I'm mistaken... :behindsofa:

Latest Posts

Back