• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sleepless

We have a lot of patients bro with sleep disorders ans believe me if unsolved it will go on to more serious medical problems. For you i think its all about stress and worrying to much. Theres a few that i could suggest to help you out (usually these are what we advice to our patients)...

1. Like what the others said, no caffeine... Means no cola, no red bull
2. No spicy food
3. Dont exercise at least 2 hours before you sleep
4. Drink a glass of milk or have a cup of rice in your dinner (thryptophan will calm you down)
5. Read a book in bed - dont watch tv
6. If you dont want to go for sleeping pills just try taking benadryl at first just to restart your sleeping pattern
7. If it worsens then take presribed sleeping pills
8. If you still cant sleep then dont force your body to sleep, make it productive, get out of bed ans try to do something else

Worrying and stress are the biggest reasons why we cant sleep, but its normal bro.. just dont worry to much.

Here we go again. I was doing well for a while. Actually picking up a few zzz most evenings. This will be the 3rd day in a row with no sleep. That's right 72hours. Before that I really was doing well. It makes for a tough day at work.

Sleep disorders are a major bummer.....
I had some serious problems a few years back.... To the point I was seeing things I was so tired.

I made some lifestyle changes that helped.... Most have already been mentioned.

What helped me the most was a change in eating patterns.... I would only eat once a day after work around 9pm.
I've since switched to a bunch of small meals throughout the day.

Turning off your mind will be the hardest part....
I made sure to remove any distractions from my bed room..... TV, Phone etc etc....

Rest assured though... We all stress about that stuff.

Sleep, what is that... Ok, it might not be that bad. I too have insomnia issues, but I have gotten better over the last few years. Here are a few things that have helped me. I'd say exercise and fresh air help me more than anything. I don't sleep as well if my body isn't tired, go on a long hike or bike ride and sleep will come much easier. Also, stress is a killer. I've gotten very good at refocusing my thoughts to something enjoyable. Lying in bed thinking of how to customize my newest pair makes me feel much better than thinking about work. Don't get out of bed, you will not fall asleep organizing the collection and lying in bed at least allows your body to relax and recover. So, lying in bed thinking happy thoughts while actually tired works for me... kinda;) :lazy:

I also recommend exercise. Melatonin in a pinch if you have a hard time falling asleep. If it's a matter of getting higher quality sleep, try ZMA.

Back