• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sliver F Lenses

They will go in. That's a fact.

If you want to put it that way, then yes any lens will fit as long as you cut it. You can even cut a goggle lens down to size and it will fit (although not the right curvature). When you said they "fit", my assumption is that they fit without any modification. For example, the lenses from a pair of Unknowns will fit the Splice straight from the box or Half Jacket lenses will work in R2's without modding.

I'm just confused as to why you're so adamant that they "fit" even though @djhyper66 posted a pic that clearly shows they won't without cutting.

As you likely know, not every lens is exact. Further, our definitions of "fit" are different. I'll leave it at that.

I don't want to get into a semantics pissing match over this, but if you had said, "The lenses from Holbrooks can be FITTED to the Sliver F with modification", then i would agree with your statement and we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'm sure @djhyper66 will agree as he used the word the same way i did.

I'm not saying you're wrong because the word "fit" can be used both ways, but for the purpose of this thread Holbrook lenses can be fitted (or can fit) with slight cutting. They are not an exact fit.

Also, I can promise you that Unknown lenses are a very very close (if not exact) fit in Splice frames. It does not need to be fitted to work. It's exactly what i did with one of my pairs of Splice.

Toe-may-toe, Toe-mah-toe. :)