1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Brian Nickell

Brian Nickell Oakley Expert

I recently got the Sliver polished clear with sapphire iridium lenses and I have to say that they could be my new favorite! They're extremely lightweight and they look so slick! Anyone else pick up a Sliver yet?

bhrea3 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. tigbball5

tigbball5 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Agreed. Its probably my favorite new frame. It is essentially the holbrook slimmed down with a more aggressive look. I think they did a great job on them.

Brian Nickell likes this.
  3. Brian Nickell

I picked up a Holbrook at the same time I got the Sliver and I interchange them, so I totally understand what you mean.

4. Lowjoe

Lowjoe Oakley Enthusiast

Was about to order these. What is it like to look through the sapphire? Can't seem to find info on that lens. Is it contrast or neutral? What is the base tint? Thanks!

Brian Nickell likes this.
  5. Brian Nickell

To me they're like a bronze lens. Great for sunny days for sure! I love mine.

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Congrats. The Sapphire lens is really beautiful to look through.

7. theDisruptive_One

theDisruptive_One Oakley Collector

Slivers are a stong pair. I prefer them over Holbrooks now. The Sliver F's are even lighter I believe and the stems have move of a wrap on the side of your head. Where the regular Slivers have a straighter stem. Definitely one of my favorite pair. Congrats on your pick up.

8. Lowjoe

Lowjoe Oakley Enthusiast

Which tint is it like to look through? Violet? Bronze? Something else? Thanks.

9. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

I am also a big Sliver and Sliver F fan.

10. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I dig the Sliver, teh F I couldn't warm up to. I ended up gifting my F away to a coworker.

That said, I've got the matte clear/chrome Sliver in my cart on Oakley.com. My Uranium doesn't get regular wear, and I have a polished black/BIP pair that stays in the car.