• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Slowly Losing My Oakley Drive!

I get bored sometimes also, so I just indulge in one of my other hobbies to fill in, which is usually being tied up, gagged, blindfolded, and hot wax dripped on me and flogged till I pass out... Wait, uhhhhhh maybe it's the other way around.. Hmmmmmmm. Anyway it's kinda like getting bored of a video game, eventually you will come back to it to try to get to the next level....

A lot of this collecting can get to a point where you lose desire. You place an item as "holy grail" must have and once you get it you can find another item or you can be content with it. A lot of the time you can try to replace it but after awhile you get bored and realize it is just an item. Then you think about how much money you have spent and what else it could have been spent on and sometimes it is hard to justify. You will come around once you find a good deal or something peaks your interest. I would keep my collection of rare and distinct pieces and keep some to wear.

I get bored sometimes also, so I just indulge in one of my other hobbies to fill in, which is usually being tied up, gagged, blindfolded, and hot wax dripped on me and flogged till I pass out...
Why didn't you share this when we were at RED? :idk:

We need to be inspired by Oakley to keep us driving to buy. We all know that somw of the releases over the last few years have been, well SH*T. The only new frame i've really bought over the last couple of years has been the Jawbone & Split Jacket. Other than that I spend my time looking for just Monster Dogs as nothing else really does it for me i'm afraid. Keep the faith & you will come out from under the cloud.

I feel ya man I have been in a funk for several months now. Nothing sparks my interest too much. Dont get out of the game just sit back and watch and if you still feel this way in a few months then you know its time to walk away. Im actually gonna do two more deals then stop for the rest of the year. Is it time for no purchases till 2014 pact yet?

End of the summer blues.

I'm there as well. Sitting on 50 pairs, only a handful get worn, nothing new to excite.

The only thing I want right now is a PBII. But when it's been rainy for 5 days straight to where I've only worn grey and G30 in almost a week... it's hard to have fun and rotate through 3+ pairs a day.

since i have all my ichiro,i feel exactly the same,i'm tired to always be in front of my computer to find deal and create myself more needs that i really don't need
i've remove all my oakley from my spine for renovation a home and that's not affect me at all,
i'm french so don't know which words to use sometimes,wish you understand what i feel

Interesting stuff in this thread. I haven't started to lose steam, but it isn't getting any bigger either. I don't have a desire for the Elite or the X Metals... Probably because nothing will fit and the my money isn't right. I keep going back to the lifestyle and I'm on the verge of getting another Offshoot. Which is kinda sad because I should WANT to get something else.

I rarely buy single pairs. I wait for the guy on Craig's List to post he's also lost his drive and I buy multiple pairs in one transaction. I enjoy that hunt a lot more. I've been inside my local Oak shop countless times but only made my first purchase last week (infinite heros).

Back