• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Slowly Losing My Oakley Drive!

I know when I look at how much money I have spent it makes me depressed lol. But if I am going to collect there are pairs that are essential to have in a collection. I try to keep everything reasonable but it gets hard to handle in the money department.

For me it's not about losing money or wanting that one Holy Grail to get me excited over the years I've had a lot of sought after pairs like Zeros, David Flores Gascan, All Color ways of OTTS and one custom, complete set of Holiday Oil Rigs and Fuel cells, two pairs of C Six, both 24k Juliet and X Squared, All Color ways of Romeos 1 even Jordan pair, Mars Crater, Jordan Leather Mars, Ruby Mars, X serialized Juliet, WiTK when it was Rare before the Found pairs, Tron PitBoss and backpack, I have had lot of watches and display pieces hard to come by. Prob more glasses I don't remember at the time. I think for me as a collector it was the Thrill of the chase then I got them enjoyed them and passed them Along to others to enjoy so getting back won't really excite me again. Maybe it's just me as a collector be happy to have owned them and not really searching for other stuff and new chapter of my life coming which I'm excited about.

We all go through phases. As long as there is still vintage on my want list the drive will be there for me. My reef tank has taken a back seat to the other stuff for too long now. I am starting to get motivated to set up a bigger one and all the joy and frustration that goes with it. A new challenge so to speak. If it were me Boss and the drive is really gone currently I would pack up what you have left except for a few pair to wear and review them in a year or so. Just make sure you pack them securely and safely to avoid damage like moisture and temp swings.

We all go through phases. As long as there is still vintage on my want list the drive will be there for me. My reef tank has taken a back seat to the other stuff for too long now. I am starting to get motivated to set up a bigger one and all the joy and frustration that goes with it. A new challenge so to speak. If it were me Boss and the drive is really gone currently I would pack up what you have left except for a few pair to wear and review them in a year or so. Just make sure you pack them securely and safely to avoid damage like moisture and temp swings.
or just go nuts and sell off everything to us at crazy prices ...

:D

Yea hear ya on that one and well said

Back