• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Small Faced People

O telesales tells me they are being discontinued in next 6-12 mos...replaced by fast Jacket u are right they are also a pretty good fit..forgot abt them...

i hate to hear that. i dont care much for the fast jackets. i dont like the switchlock device. it looks like too much sticking out the side. it would be better if it blended with the frame more so that you couldn't tell it was there as easily. but instead it looks like a big clip on device hanging from the stem.

i like the flak jackets as well. when i ordered my half jackets, i couldn't try them on first. but i was under the impression that flak jackets were bigger, so i went with the smaller option being the half jackets. now, i'm not so sure that flak jackets are all that much bigger. i would like to have a pair if i could get them cheap. i just dont want to pay a lot for a frame that is so similar to one i already have.

I know what u mean and some O people will tell u that Hj's will not be deleted but they said that abt the Minute 2 literally a week b4 it was gone(except as OCP to get rid of parts) So they might say halfs and SJ aren't going away but I'd get em while I can ..I can get Halfs thru my CC Comapny for 65 new so I am going to try getting a pair after I try them on locally...thank u for reminding me they still exist

no problem. i hope it works out for ya. $65 is a great deal. as i said before, i think you will be pleased with them. i love mine. they are the most comfortable of all my oakleys and fit my small face well. some people may think they are too sporty for wearing around town, but i disagree. mine are all black with polarized black iridiums. but there are a lot of sweet color combinations available. if you get the chance, check out the flak jackets as well.

i have all of those as well as Minutes...just got 2 new half price Half jackets.... my point was the new things they are putting out leaves only the Fives for smaller faces...soon those models u mentioned will be loooong gone..I really liked the Unknown I have 9... I stocked up on Minutes Gascan s, Mp's, MD's(which oddly along with SJ 2 DO fit me because the direction they are headed seems to be one that doesn't pull me in any more...a lot of artist series, purple, and huge lenses/frames and clear stuff which doesn't do the job in the sun for me...the wires I cant really afford right now but I did like the Half wire when I tried it on...

I normally wear Bottlecap or Half-Jackets. I just picked up some Gascan S on ebay. Thanks for the recommendations.

I too am one of those small faced Oakley wearers. The ones that I've so far found fit me very well are the Whisker, Flak Jacket (both regular and XLJ, the cut on the XLJ actually makes them fit a little nicer), Splinter and the Half-X. The Half-X are the best fitting and most comfortable I have ever owned.

Back