• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Smartest Purchase?

hiofficr87

Oakley Beginner
I am in the hunt for purchasing a Oakley watch to wear for work i work for the fire department and i am looking for something durable that can take alot of wear and tear...preferably in black...what do you all recommend. i am new to Oakley watches but i am sure if they are anything like their glasses they are top quality

They will all take a beating and keep on ticking. The black/stealth finish may show scratches easier than others. My preference for durability would be the titanium band Minute Machine or 12 gauge. Maybe consider a red Hollow Point, would be cool for the fire dept.

I have an all black warrant for my everyday watch. I am by no means a fire fighter but it goes through some crap (I'm a mechanic) and is holding up great.

This is probably not very useful consumer advice, but I wore my Titanium Gearbox when I did my basic training for the Air Force, 4 months of sand, mud, dirt, water and other weird stuff. Here's the not so useful part of it. It went in for repairs twice, but after it was exchanged for a new watch all together it's been fine. Live that watch to death.

I am going to go against the group here and suggest you DON'T go with a titanium watch.

Something like a honed Blade II/GMT/Judge will stand up to abuse much better, won't cost you as much (so if it gets properly trashed it's not as painful) and it still looks very cool.

I am going to go against the group here and suggest you DON'T go with a titanium watch.

Something like a honed Blade II/GMT/Judge will stand up to abuse much better, won't cost you as much (so if it gets properly trashed it's not as painful) and it still looks very cool.

I'm curious why you vote against titanium? Does titanium not take a beating well?

Back