• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Snagged A Pair Of Jupiter Camo Frogskins:

Agree with you about the blacklight series. I just don't see their pictures popping up all of a sudden on oakley.com and being readily available to "add to cart" come 1 Sep.

i'm guessing, 1st Sept for the FMJs, mid sept to 1st Oct for the Backlight. and if the Jupiter Camo "Limited" edition are 5000 produced, i'll be very very disappointed. then what's the point of marketing them as "limited" in that case. wildberry and milk colourway probably have lesser numbers made.

Yeah, I mentioned this on another thread somewhere. These are marketed as limited edition yet, from what I can tell, these have been one of the highest production run Frogskins for a while - a figure of 5,000 has been mentioned. This goes against Oakley's own marketing which says that Frogskins will only be produced in runs of 3,000 and no more.

The problems with availability for the Jupiter Camo's and Golbrooks makes me feel like you can't trust any release dates Oakley put out. I'd heard the Backlight Frogskins were due for release in September but I now doubt that very much.

Spoke to an "in the know" rep today about jupiter camo frogs. He stated they are limited to 3000 but the first batch was only 2000 because they didnt have enough +red frog lenses. He stated they still need to make 1000 more but is unsure if its going to happen because they are so backordered on all iridium lenses. I disagree about being a high production run of frogskins. They have been very hard to get since day one other than ebay and sold out on o.com the first day! They may wind up being limited to 2000, not 3000.

Well Oakley UK, which still had Jupiter Camo Frogskins available for pre-order, has now changed the page to read 'Sold Out'. Whether or not that means they've decided they won't make any more than the 2,000 currently made, or whether they've taken orders to fill the next 1,000 they do intend to make and some more stock at retailers will turn up, only time will tell.

Back