1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Clay

Clay Oakley Beginner

Just bought a plasma/fire Madman, and I'm not really crazy about the clear plastic. Would love to come up with a set of black to mimic the X-Raw.

does Oakley ever typically sell parts??? Or will I have to buy a carbon/ruby madman and swap parts ;)

Harold of the rocks likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

Your other option would be to send them to dr chop and have him paint them to match what you're after

Buddha Yodie and Lexkempo like this.
  3. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

+1

4. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I did your plan B - bought a carbon/ruby and swapped parts to mimic a XRaw (AFAIK the first and only to do so, so far); I posted a thread here about it - you may have seen it already...

Initially I thought they would, as the o-matter components take the place of the replaceable t-shox / flex couplers of the original x-metals, but I no longer believe they will.

Why? Two reasons:

- AFAIK they haven't sold replacement o-matter parts for other frames; why start now?

- The SKU is printed on the o-matter, not the aluminum. If they planned the o-matter to be replaceable wear components, they would have printed the SKU on a metal part. Even more so, on the real XRaws they have the serial printed on the o-matter nosebridge. To me this indicates they're meant to be permanent pieces.

5. Harold of the rocks

Harold of the rocks Oakley Enthusiast

Seems like you do have the same problem like me. I choose for a Plasma/Tungsten and will wait to get fire lenses soon!
    Up to now waiting for parts or buying two and swapping the lenses is the only option!

6. Harold of the rocks

Harold of the rocks Oakley Enthusiast

... smart reflection!

7. kronin323

Here's a before/after of the parts swap.

A madder madman? | Oakley Forum

Note that XRaw has solid black o-matter while the others have translucent black. And the finish is different on the aluminum. But you have to see up close to notice...

8. kronin323

On another thread there was a reputable post saying mad/badman replacement lenses wouldn't be available until 2016. The guy's legit but it's all rumors until it's official. But it means waiting for replacement lenses may take a while...

Also the madman apparently isn't selling very well (I like 'em but [not] big surprise..) so replacement lens options are likely to be limited, if available at all...

9. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

Why don't you post in the exchange section to trade or swap parts with someone. Trade ur clear pairs for black parts. Be alot lot easier to trade someone rather then trying to buy parts. Oakley does not sell parts to the glasses , they only sell lens. They don't sell nose bridges or stem. So your not going be able buy them.

10. kronin323

Because nobody wants the clear parts... :D