• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So do you think Oakley will ever sell Madman parts?

Clay

Oakley Expert
Just bought a plasma/fire Madman, and I'm not really crazy about the clear plastic. Would love to come up with a set of black to mimic the X-Raw.

does Oakley ever typically sell parts??? Or will I have to buy a carbon/ruby madman and swap parts ;)

Just bought a plasma/fire Madman, and I'm not really crazy about the clear plastic. Would love to come up with a set of black to mimic the X-Raw.

does Oakley ever typically sell parts??? Or will I have to buy a carbon/ruby madman and swap parts ;)
Your other option would be to send them to dr chop and have him paint them to match what you're after

I did your plan B - bought a carbon/ruby and swapped parts to mimic a XRaw (AFAIK the first and only to do so, so far); I posted a thread here about it - you may have seen it already...

Initially I thought they would, as the o-matter components take the place of the replaceable t-shox / flex couplers of the original x-metals, but I no longer believe they will.

Why? Two reasons:

- AFAIK they haven't sold replacement o-matter parts for other frames; why start now?

- The SKU is printed on the o-matter, not the aluminum. If they planned the o-matter to be replaceable wear components, they would have printed the SKU on a metal part. Even more so, on the real XRaws they have the serial printed on the o-matter nosebridge. To me this indicates they're meant to be permanent pieces.

Seems like you do have the same problem like me. I choose for a Plasma/Tungsten and will wait to get fire lenses soon!
Up to now waiting for parts or buying two and swapping the lenses is the only option!

I did your plan B - bought a carbon/ruby and swapped parts to mimic a XRaw (AFAIK the first and only to do so, so far); I posted a thread here about it - you may have seen it already...

Initially I thought they would, as the o-matter components take the place of the replaceable t-shox / flex couplers of the original x-metals, but I no longer believe they will.

Why? Two reasons:

- AFAIK they haven't sold replacement o-matter parts for other frames; why start now?

- The SKU is printed on the o-matter, not the aluminum. If they planned the o-matter to be replaceable wear components, they would have printed the SKU on a metal part. Even more so, on the real XRaws they have the serial printed on the o-matter nosebridge. To me this indicates they're meant to be permanent pieces.
... smart reflection!

On another thread there was a reputable post saying mad/badman replacement lenses wouldn't be available until 2016. The guy's legit but it's all rumors until it's official. But it means waiting for replacement lenses may take a while...

Also the madman apparently isn't selling very well (I like 'em but [not] big surprise..) so replacement lens options are likely to be limited, if available at all...

Why don't you post in the exchange section to trade or swap parts with someone. Trade ur clear pairs for black parts. Be alot lot easier to trade someone rather then trying to buy parts. Oakley does not sell parts to the glasses , they only sell lens. They don't sell nose bridges or stem. So your not going be able buy them.