• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So I Finally Grailed... But Romeo Wasnt Enough

I highly doubt it... The problem is this I am a buyer not really a seller. If I was to let go of a relic in my collection they have to pay the price and its a crazy price. I am like that because these are MY R1 and they're in perfect condition. Thus I think they're worth more than what people are willing to spend... If I was to sell these I wouldnt take a penny less than $1,200 and even then if someone had the cash in front of me... I might still say no, because i know in my heart i will never find these again.

I know the feeling, that's why I prefer trades. Had the same issue with a pair of Penny's. Loved them but they just didn't fit me. Let them go to a fellow member and he rocks them, saw the pics of him wearing them and loving them made me realise it was worth it.

I say keep in my personal honest opinion. R1's tend to blow away other metals when they are all inside a case. It looks very sharp. If i can get my hands on another one LNIB i'd be glad to take em off their hands just for display purposes.

post a picture of you wearing them - that way a bit of encouragement from fellow members may be all that it takes to make you change your mind.

on the other hand, if they are in pristine condition, is it worth risking spider cracks by wearing them? as you know, you have a very rare item in your possession!

Keep them. Categorically. They were the dawn of a new era and deserve their place in history. You will be glad you did.

I think you should keep them, at least for a few months and admire them. R1 is very sought after and the condition that you have them in is perfect to display. It would be hard for me to wear a perfect pair like that also.
I think in the long run you will be happy with collecting the x metals as some are very hard to find bnib (R1 and XX).

I would neither keep them nor sell them -- trade them. Trade for a good condition pair, bag only, and $600. This way you don't have $1200 of ehhh in your collection, but a pair that you truly love and don't mind wearing or just letting them hang out. A different X-Metal box and the Romeo coin would complete the display. Moreover, you put them back out there for a tried-and-true Romeo lover to enjoy.

If you can afford to keep them, do it. Put them on display or pack them back. Dont let anyone else try them on if the lenses are perfect. It only takes once to crack the lenses.

Isn't it strange to obtain something sought after for a long time only to come to the conclusion that the chase to get the item was the most gratifying part. I used to collect memorabilia and vintage sports items, but have come to find out that for me, just to own something isn't enough. The item needs a purpose other than sitting in a box or display case. I have since sold those kinds of items that have no real purpose and bought things that I can use. Do whatever you want with those R1 bro, they are yours, but I agree with someone else that if your just going to have them sit in a case, why not get clean used pair and save some cash, for a different pair.

Isn't it strange to obtain something sought after for a long time only to come to the conclusion that the chase to get the item was the most gratifying part. I used to collect memorabilia and vintage sports items, but have come to find out that for me, just to own something isn't enough. The item needs a purpose other than sitting in a box or display case. I have since sold those kinds of items that have no real purpose and bought things that I can use. Do whatever you want with those R1 bro, they are yours, but I agree with someone else that if your just going to have them sit in a case, why not get clean used pair and save some cash, for a different pair.
Amen!

Be a Wearer, not a Starer ...

;)

Back