• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So I'm At The Vault Wearing A R1...

In that case you better call with a specific SKU or ask to talk to someone who knows that they're talking about AKA a manager (most of the time).

Yeah if you came into my store I would have stopped what I was doing to stare at it! Whenever I wear one of my older pairs in to work or someone comes in with an older pair there are a few others who don't have a clue what they are.

A while ago, I called the Vault in Arlington,TX asking if they had the polished carbon XS. The attendant's answer was,

"we have a polished one, a black one, and a gray one. But I don't know what the polished carbon is. Do you have the SKU?"

Needless to say, these employees need to be more educated to work at a Vault. I'm not the most knowledgeable O fan but, but anyone who provides customer service to such meticulous crowd (Okleyholics) should definately be knowledgeable on the products.

Simply put, Vault stores are outlet stores and we don't sell enough Juliet or X-Squared to spend a whole lot of time going over them.

Except that store he's mentioning in particular isn't a Vault. :lol:

But whenever I'm searching for anything in particular at the stores I always ask for a manager on duty. The problem is that most stores don't have the budget to train all of their sales people with company history and knowledge. Then of course there are the ones who are only there to make a paycheck and could care less about the product they don't know about or no longer carry.

Simply put, Vault stores are outlet stores and we don't sell enough Juliet or X-Squared to spend a whole lot of time going over them.
I understand about not having enough time to go over the inventory. But the attendant didn't even know the difference between carbon, polished, x-metal, plasma, titanium, and polished carbon. C'mon, if they're not knowledgeable on the different finishes then what qualifies them to work there? ...

I understand about not having enough time to go over the inventory. But the attendant didn't even know the difference between carbon, polished, x-metal, plasma, titanium, and polished carbon. C'mon, if they're nqua knowledgeable on the different finishes then what qualifies them to work there? ...

I have been working at my Vault for about 8 months. Ive sold hundreds of Flak Jacket, Fuel Cells, Radars, and Gascans. Ive only sold two pairs of X-Squared and no Juliets. We are outlet stores so therefore our customer basis isn't that of an actual O-Store. We sell maybe 1 pair of them for every 300-400 pairs of other glasses we sell. At least at my store anyways. We get trained on what frame style they are and then what all the different lens colors there are. I do understand where you are coming from don't get me wrong, we just don't sell enough to worry about the frame colors.