• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So I'm At The Vault Wearing A R1...

After reviewing this thread I will put a points of my own in.... Infinite hits many points directly on the head. I see many young employees at businesses have no enthusiasm towards their job, but is that our view of them or is it the truth? Many companies train them just enough to open a case hand out merchandise and ring up the sale. Who's fault is it then? That's what they are trained to do. Now take the employee who wants to learn more about the product they sell, they can do two things, research it on the Internet or request more info from the company. Both can assist them in knowing about a product. Oakley has an online training site called omatter.com which provides them with valuable info. Whether or not they read and sign off on it is on them and whether the company tracks it. I have worked in many different fields and I have found that some companies don't train their staff well enough to recognize these issues we speak about or if they do train them are they the type of employee that can take the training and run with it.

Many of us on here have careers and specialize in something that makes us awesome at what we do. Ask yourself this question what made us this way?????? Is it because we strive to do be the best at it, to know as much as we can, to be in demand by others, a sense of accomplishment, the money, the skill, the trade, etc. Now two things come to mind to me here either we wanted it enough to do it or someone took us under their wing and showed us something and continued to teach us there is more to life then being lazy. Sometimes if we approach things differently you may get a different reaction. I see many times young and even older people react with an I don't care attitude, so is it really an age thing ? I have always been a person who strives to learn stuff, but if its not on my agenda for the day I may miss something important so I take the time to think and bring it in.

Many times I feel that when I go into a vault or Ostore that the employees should recognize what I have if the y don't I move on after my purchase. The ones that do recognize what pair I'm wearing just supports my opinion that some employees DO care about their job. Props to a bunch of great vault guys in Orlando for having great enthusiasm in their job/career.

Each of us are entitled to our opinion and what's so great about it, is that it's a point of view in how each of us feel and to post it and talk about it allows each of us to see into each other. Kudos to anyone who can express something and discuss it, we don't have to like it or support it but its there for all to see

What are a couple specific or general things that managers of O Stores and Vaults should train their employees on in the eyes o the forum?

I know there are many O employees that are familiar with the forum and they might benefit from hearing what their customers expect from their team. Anyone is welcome to chime in

I noticed this several years ago in the Florida area stores. "the Vault employees hover around you, as if attempting to help, but if you say just looking, they continue to hover, until another walks up and asks again, if you need help" Until you buy something or walk out, the employees are all over you. At first I assumed this was to perpetuate a sale, offer advice, or answer questions. I then realized what they are doing "One of the most important things for an employee is to make sure no one steals any items out of the stores". This is so closely watched that the appearance of helping is actually masking them taking away any chances of someone stealing an item.

For those of us who would never do anything like that, I find it extremely annoying. Almost to the point where I feel uncomfortable being in a store. I find that after I know several of them, by repeat business, they tend to leave me alone to do my looking and deciding, but when a new employee is in the store they start hovering again, and even when one who knows me says "hey he is fine, he is in here all the time, let him look" the new employee has this dumbfounded look, and reluctantly walks away. Its actually weird. If there were other choices to buy like that, I would stop going. The manager said Theft is one of thier biggest issues, both by customers and employees. Just FYI, Oakley is starting to serial boxes so they can track who sells what to whom.

I noticed this several years ago in the Florida area stores. "the Vault employees hover around you, as if attempting to help, but if you say just looking, they continue to hover, until another walks up and asks again, if you need help" Until you buy something or walk out, the employees are all over you. At first I assumed this was to perpetuate a sale, offer advice, or answer questions. I then realized what they are doing "One of the most important things for an employee is to make sure no one steals any items out of the stores". This is so closely watched that the appearance of helping is actually masking them taking away any chances of someone stealing an item.

For those of us who would never do anything like that, I find it extremely annoying. Almost to the point where I feel uncomfortable being in a store. I find that after I know several of them, by repeat business, they tend to leave me alone to do my looking and deciding, but when a new employee is in the store they start hovering again, and even when one who knows me says "hey he is fine, he is in here all the time, let him look" the new employee has this dumbfounded look, and reluctantly walks away. Its actually weird. If there were other choices to buy like that, I would stop going. The manager said Theft is one of thier biggest issues, both by customers and employees. Just FYI, Oakley is starting to serial boxes so they can track who sells what to whom.

Lol, they still do. The one by Boca Town Center Mall they do that all the time. It's really annoying especially if you just wanna find something that fits you perfectly and trying out every single pair just so you don't miss anything. On the opposite side though , when I came there to buy my polished juliets, the employee actually left me alone and went on to help a family while the xmetal glass case with 2 PB2s were open :shock: . I could've easily, easily took all of those items and walked away. But I didn't bec. I believe in karma :punish:

Follow up to what has been posted:
I talked with a few Vault employees about this issue, and mentioned that personally I feel uncomfortable. They said I am a good customer and that is why they do not do that to me specifically. Now, all other customers, they are told daily to hover to prevent theft. That is their number one goal is to try and prevent Theft. At the same time ask to help, IOT appear friendly. If brushed off, remain beside the customer till they leave. I knew I was on track the way they acted, but didn't want to outright accuse them of it. I understand LP, but geez they hover like a bad wart. :eek:

just reading this interesting thread, I wonder what they would do if you wore a medusa in the store? would they make you take it off for securlity purposes like in some malls where wearing hoodies and glasses are banned?

I was in our local O store a week or so ago wearing my Jordan R1's and the guy kept staring at them and finally asked if they were Oakley's..? I laughed and said they were Romeo's and he said Oh I was thinking Juliet's but wasn't sure because there was no Oakley marking on them... I laughed and we talked about it a bit then we left. Usually the people in the O stores know more than the Vault employees in my opinion. At the same O store, I had the girl working there recognize and comment on my snow camo MD's, how she thought they were so awesome. It was cool to see some of the employees recognize the more rare frames when they see them.

Follow up to what has been posted:
I talked with a few Vault employees about this issue, and mentioned that personally I feel uncomfortable. They said I am a good customer and that is why they do not do that to me specifically. Now, all other customers, they are told daily to hover to prevent theft. That is their number one goal is to try and prevent Theft. At the same time ask to help, IOT appear friendly. If brushed off, remain beside the customer till they leave. I knew I was on track the way they acted, but didn't want to outright accuse them of it. I understand LP, but geez they hover like a bad wart. :eek:

basically then the sales assistant are profiling people on the probability they will run off with goods? i think thats not right! they can make any other security arrangement to prevent thief etc...if there is a reason for a sales assistant to hoover around it should be to attract sales, assist sales, and make sales...im gonna fired that manager who thinks otherwise...just saying...