1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Well a custom painted pair of icons. I had some extra touch up paint from my car and I really never liked the black icons in my batwolfs so I decided to paint them. With some advice from batwolf I sanded them down and panted them. I'm letting them dry before I put a clear coat on them but here is a pic of a work in progress. More to come

So What Do You Get When You Have A Spair Pair Of Batwolf Icons And Spare Paint? - 9c673b8b.jpg

Attached Files:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Nice job, that will look good. I'm glad I could help you out.

3. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

Reminds me of BAPD77's custom yellow painted Antix icons :D nice work! gotta show us the final product. :D what color frame is your batwolf?
    im surprised O doesn't offer more team yellow icons, especially for their OCP Batwolf. That is one awful selection of Icons for that Batwolf.

4. Menendez1293

I will post some pictures of my final work. The clear coat is drying as I am speaking. I am no painter so they are not perfect but they look nice to me. My batwolfs are the Black Ink/Black Iridium. I got the first pair that came into Sunglass hut almost a year ago. I think december marks the one year

5. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

which sandpaper do you use for it?
    and which kind of spray is it . . .you put a clear finish on that?

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

you probably want really high grain, probably 400-1000. and regular spray-can clear coats (from auto marts etc) works wonders!

7. Menendez1293

I used a 600 Grit sandpaper. It worked good i did put a clear coat on them. I did not use any spray paint though. I used the touch up paint you buy for a car. It has a little brush and that is what i used.

Here is a picture of my finshed project.
    So What Do You Get When You Have A Spair Pair Of Batwolf Icons And Spare Paint? - IMAG0117.jpg

I will post more pictures latter with them next to my car.
    Hope you guys like them. i know i do they really make a big diffrence and are a one of a kind. They arent perfect but i tried

BTW You can see the paint bottle and the clear coat stick in the background

Attached Files:

8. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Dang, I can see the brush strokes. :(

Spray paint FTW!

9. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

yeah, spray paint is definitely the way to go when painting icons.

10. Menendez1293

I know spray paint is the way to go but the paint I want is not sold in spray version so I had to go with what's even made. I won't have these icons on there the whole time cause I love how the red metallic looks but they will be used.