• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So What Do You Get When You Have A Spair Pair Of Batwolf Icons And Spare Paint?

Menendez1293

Oakley Expert
Florida
Well a custom painted pair of icons. I had some extra touch up paint from my car and I really never liked the black icons in my batwolfs so I decided to paint them. With some advice from batwolf I sanded them down and panted them. I'm letting them dry before I put a clear coat on them but here is a pic of a work in progress. More to come

9c673b8b.jpg

Attachments

• 9c673b8b.jpg
    9c673b8b.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 575
  • 9c673b8b.jpg
    9c673b8b.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 284
Reminds me of BAPD77's custom yellow painted Antix icons :D nice work! gotta show us the final product. :D what color frame is your batwolf?
im surprised O doesn't offer more team yellow icons, especially for their OCP Batwolf. That is one awful selection of Icons for that Batwolf.

I will post some pictures of my final work. The clear coat is drying as I am speaking. I am no painter so they are not perfect but they look nice to me. My batwolfs are the Black Ink/Black Iridium. I got the first pair that came into Sunglass hut almost a year ago. I think december marks the one year

which sandpaper do you use for it?
and which kind of spray is it . . .you put a clear finish on that?

which sandpaper do you use for it?
and which kind of spray is it . . .you put a clear finish on that?

I used a 600 Grit sandpaper. It worked good i did put a clear coat on them. I did not use any spray paint though. I used the touch up paint you buy for a car. It has a little brush and that is what i used.

Here is a picture of my finshed project.
IMAG0117.jpg

I will post more pictures latter with them next to my car.
Hope you guys like them. i know i do they really make a big diffrence and are a one of a kind. They arent perfect but i tried

BTW You can see the paint bottle and the clear coat stick in the background

Attachments

• IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 297
I know spray paint is the way to go but the paint I want is not sold in spray version so I had to go with what's even made. I won't have these icons on there the whole time cause I love how the red metallic looks but they will be used.

Latest Posts

Back