1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Tastes vary so I'm sure I'll get anything but a consensus...but what the heck.

You have $140 and for $135-$140 you can buy one of the following. All are NIB.

Oakley Probation Brushed Chrome with Dark Bronze

Oakley Square Whisker VR28 Polarized

Oakley New Square Wire VR28 Polarized

Oakley Straight Jacket Metallic Red with OO Polarized

Oakley Straight Jacket Chrome White with +Red Iridium

Now this pair whatever it is will become essentially my all purpose pair when I want to keep the uber collectibles stored so law mowing, run to store, going for a run etc. From that perspective the Wire and Whisker along with Straight OO fit the bill. Getting the Straight +Red puts it in the collectible category which is great but not for the targeted use...plus the 15% light transmission is an issue for me here in super bright CA...plus I have highly light sensitive eyes. The odd man out here is the Probation in price and functionality but it is in the price range.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. S-works

S-works 奥克利专家

I personally will go for the Square Whisker... It's a good run around pair, and also suitable for a bit more formal occasions...

Just my $0.02 worth...

3. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Straights with the +red. Or what about some Monster Dogs for about $110-$120 & save the rest of the money?

4. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

depends which use you will get out of them. . .
    i would pick the Oakley Probation Brushed Chrome with Dark Bronze
    those are pretty new in stock and they looks cool with a suite and board shorts as well!

5. ExMetal

ExMetal Oakley Beginner

None of the above, something with black iridium would work better since you have light sensitive eyes.

6. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

7. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

I'd go with Black SJ's with Black Iridium...If u are really light sensitive I have found Black and Ice to be the best ...but I cant do polarized so my opinion is skewed...MD's are still great customed w/ Black or Ice..I don't see the white chrome being any more rare than other frames of SJ's...but if u really like it I'd custom it with black lenses or Ice...I just checked it can still be done on O's site but ...will cost more..if u are a citicards customer or know one they have great rewards deals on Oakleys I got Half jackets for 66 BNIB and Polished Black/Black Sj for 77 BNIB...I think the Polarized are around 90-100

8. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

i would go probations or straight jackets. i'm actually getting ready to grab a pair of straight jackets for myself. just can't decide on livestrong edition or the oo metallic red

9. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

Sj with OO pol. I have the white chrome ones and i never wear them.

10. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

personally, i dont think i could pull off white frames. maybe at the beach. but thats about it