1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Nike ends contract with Lance Armstrong - Oct. 17, 2012

I still believe his Livestrong foundation is a great cause and what they do for people with cancer is admirable.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bouncing_boy77

bouncing_boy77 Oakley Enthusiast

yeah, nike dropping Armstrong is gonna be the end of his endorsement days. i expect oakley, trek, radioshack, etc to follow.

3. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

I expect most of them to follow and drop him from sponsorship, but they will all still support the Livestrong Foundation (LF), so I expect Nike and Oakley and ____ to make products that benefit LF.

4. wrist

wrist Oakley Collector

Oakley is keeping their contract with him for now, until evidence beyond a doubt is shown.

It will be interested to see what happens with Livestrong glasses in the future. Prices could either drop, or increase due to all the controversy.

5. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

I would say we are at the "beyond a doubt" point right now, unless there is a MASSIVE conspiracy operating in order to shame lance...but it seems more like he was the mastermind behind the most successful doping ring ever.

6. wrist

wrist Oakley Collector

I dont disagree. They're basically waiting for the final, official verdict of the International Cycling Union.

7. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The Crawling Chaos Premium Member

All this stuff saddens me. I never bought any livestrong pairs because I'm not a huge fan of black and yellow. But I will keep my Juan Pair pair anyway, I like them a lot and part of the proceeds did go to the livestrong fund.

8. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Nothing would make me sell my Oakley's, LiveStong or any other model, unless I really had to. So my pair of LiveStrong Scapel will stay.

9. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Livestrong or not I'm on the safe side, cos I don't like yellow.

10. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

I have every official issue Lance Armstrong/Livestrong & Pelota glass except the OO Black P Scalpel & his C Six (5 numbered pair issue) and will keep all regardless of recent events, the glasses are part of the collection more due an interest in Oakley anyway.