• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So who's planning on offloading their Livestrong glasses?

Let's keep this thread on point, and cut out all the hostilities yeah? We all have our own opinions for sure, let's deliver them in a civil manner yeah guys?

I will be keeping mine as this can only make the rare more valuable from an Oakley piece rather then a Lance collection. Especially for all those who are going to destroy, sell or otherwise let rot the pieces they had because they didn't follow the sport of cycling, just the man known as Lance. IF you followed cycling you knew the odds were against him competing clean at any time during his streak or any point in his career. Not in his defense, but the complaint of him cheating was to not gain an advantage, but maintain competitiveness. Cycling has been dirty since the sport began in some form and it is known they were using methamphetamine s of all things back in the 1950's. IF all the top contenders in the Peleton during his streak were doping, which I believe 90%+ of them have been caught or admitted at some point prior to this report, then did he really have an advantage? Is everyone going to be appalled and shocked when it comes out at some point in the future that Cancellera and Cavendish doped during their career?

I always boycotted Amstrong and everything about him, the guy has always been an ******* and i knew he created his fundation to hide behind when the truth on him would be told soon or later

I'm wondering if Luxxotica is bad enough to stand behind him while it already reached the "evidence beyond the doubt" level

Just a question, do you have anything positive to post?

Anyways, more than likely Luxottica will not let their owned subsidies have anything to do with Armstrong, no company wants to be associated with him now it seems.

But if you like Livestrong and support them as a foundation then the decision made against Lance personally shouldn't make any difference to you.

This should be a fun thread to read.. so far we have American hero, *******, and luxxotica. Should be fun to see where they all intersect. Kinda find it funny that people think that a sunglass brand has anything to do with this at all; whether they should keep their shades or not.

This should be a fun thread to read.. so far we have American hero, *******, and luxxotica. Should be fun to see where they all intersect. Kinda find it funny that people think that a sunglass brand has anything to do with this at all; whether they should keep their shades or not.

Exactly.

tumblr_mb9asoi7LW1qgcra2o1_500.gif

He' still an American Hero who beat the **** out of TDF contenders for years. Including frenchies.
If he's doping, then everyone in the top 20 are too. Sorry for ya.
As long as it was an even playing field.

I can only assume you're winding up the frenchy here given how comprehensively Armstrong's American hero image has been shattered.

Not in his defense, but the complaint of him cheating was to not gain an advantage, but maintain competitiveness.

Armstrong's activities went way, way beyond simply maintaining competitiveness. He became the champion doper of the peloton and ensured he stayed that way by ruining the careers of those who spoke up against it and him. There are also a lot of questions for the UCI leadership of the time to answer over their relationship with Armstrong. I don't expect McQuaid or Verbruggen to be around for any significant period of time.

Is everyone going to be appalled and shocked when it comes out at some point in the future that Cancellera and Cavendish doped during their career?

I can't find the references but over the last five years the performance of the peloton has fallen by around 15%-20% in terms of average speed and more importantly power output in terms of wattage. It's about the best indicator there is for demonstrating that cycling is finally cleaning up its act.

Back