1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Anyone else from socal on these boards?

Always see tons of people wearing Oakleys (mostly Gascans :roll: ), but pretty sure they're not nuts/collectors like most of us in here :twisted:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Am i the only one from Socal?

I guess i should make nice like everyone else and say a few things about myself.

My first pair of Oakleys were Crystal Black Frogskins in 1996. I LOVED them until one day i went to the beach and put them "safely" into my backpack while i jumped in the water. When i got back, i found my friend had been using my bag as a pillow. He cracked the frames. I've never forgiven him for it.

I replaced the Frogskins with a pair of E-wires and from then on it became an obsession. I now own about 30 frames, watches, clothing, shoes, and various accessories. My wife hates my passion/obsession and my friends think i'm crazy for even spending the amount of money i do on the Oakley brand. I just tell them it's like collecting art and i'm sure all of you here will agree that it is similar to collecting fine pieces of art.

I also only buy frames that i will actually wear. I will not buy a piece just to say i'm collecting it. While i think of my collection as art, it's pointless to own if i can't enjoy them for what they were made for.