• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

As title says i have a STPL radar path to trade for Tron gascan or for sale. Its dosent need to be new and im not requiring the lenses as well. On the arm writes "24-219 136" The frame is in like new condition on the lens there are few marks but nothing major or whats affect the vision, also on the bottom of the lens there r some knocks probably when its beet put down somewhere, try to capture it. I try to describe it as collector rather than a user. Comes with original bag only. If u have any offers pls let me know. SOLD!
DSCN1720_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

DSCN1721_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

DSCN1724_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

DSCN1723_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Have a Tron, not willing to trade anything but info. If you are looking to simply swap in sunglass lenses, you will be unhappy. The 3D frame has a different shape and your lenses and vision will be distorted. Your best bet is to get Tron arms and put them on a polished black Gascan's orbital frame.

Username Hidden said:
Have a Tron, not willing to trade anything but info. If you are looking to simply swap in sunglass lenses, you will be unhappy. The 3D frame has a different shape and your lenses and vision will be distorted. Your best bet is to get Tron arms and put them on a polished black Gascan's orbital frame.

I thought this was proven untrue?

Username Hidden said:

Thx for the info, i will have the transformers soon so i will jump in the local o store and will try with a lens.

I have a pair of stock trons and one with ice lenses. They seem ok to me, but i dont wear very often honestly.

The problem is with the coating on the 3D lenses, when you put the lens back in the orbital they start to peel off, that's why the lenses shouldn't be swapt with regular ones and it's better to "transplant" the stems to a new orbitals with the lenses already installed

Username Hidden said:
I thought this was proven untrue?

BriP said it, if it was disproven I missed the update. I still wouldn't swap lenses across different platforms.

I remember a time way back when Oakley claimed polarized lenses were thicker than non-pol and therefore could not be swapped; i.e. pol and non-pol frames. Doesn't seem to be true anymore, at least per Oakley.

I've swapped with no issues of distortion or fitment. The only problem, like Oakleyandi said, is that the 3D lenses will likely peel and be destroyed by removing them and trying to reinstall them. If you don't care about the 3D lenses, just do a lens swap. If you want to preserve them, swap the arms.

Price update Bump!

Back