• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Some Feint Pics Of My Pennys

Funky-Trixtar

......Jedi Mind trickery...........
Premium Member
Kent, England
Here are some feint pics of my Copper Pennys(will take some 'solid' pics when they arrive). That makes the final frame colourway......apart from the carbon ones...'wishing upon a star'.............

Oakley_Penny_Copper-1.jpg

Oakley_Penny_Copper_sidejpg-1.jpg

That does look very feint in the pictures, almost wouldn't have guessed it's a copper frame.
I am rather fond of the Pennys too, and have all the colourways. I was trimming down my collection, but I just picked up another one.

They really are beautifuly made and look superb. Also when you said they only just resemble Copper ones, I had to look again, but on the second look, I'm pretty certain they are: the colour is only just discernable but I think the colour of the lenses is what gives it away!

Yep, if you have them in your hand then you can tell for sure. VR28's were fitted to both the Titanium and Copper Penny's. I think they are the most versatile lens for the weather we have in the UK, as they are not too dark and the contrast enhancing properties make even a dull day look sharper.

I've only just found out about the TiO2 in Pennys: do you have those as well, because I didn't know they existed and yes, I've messaged the seller....just to be certain!

No TiO2 in Penny's. The Penny came in 4 fram colors - Titanium (matt finish) with either VR28 Black Iridium or Ice iridium lenses, the Xmetal coloured frame with Ruby lenses, a polished frame with Black Iridium lenses and the Copper frame also with VR28 Black Iridium.

[edit] good to hear its what you were expecting.

That sku was never released by Oakley, May be one of those things they changed their mind on. And the only emerald iridium lens for the Penny are custom cut from some other lens. It's possible that there may have been some prototypes/preproduction frames about but I have never seen a picture of a TiO2 penny frame.

I know if you go to O-Review and search on there(presuming you have an account), you'll find pictures of them: TERRORISM has a pair of them, at least I'm nintey-nine percent sure.