• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Some People Are Sort Of Stupid

Wally Taylor

I should Work at Oakley
Erie
image.jpeg
After days of deciding what they would call their new online business venture, they came up with the catchy name, "Motor Helmet". I should have just kept looking further when I saw that brilliance, but they had what I wanted.

I don't know if You've seen Oakley's packaging for their PRIZM line of replacement lenses, but they put them in a plastic tray that holds them in place, and another layer of plastic is suspended about 1/8th of an inch above the front of the lenses. The packaging is clever, because before it gets scuffed up, You can hold it up and look through the lenses. It' kind of cool if You want to see what the world looks like through the lenses.
The problem with the packaging is that the plastic can be pushed down to contact the front of the lenses. You know, the part of the lense that You don't want anything touching except lens cleaning solution and a really clean cloth?

So, the genius folks at "Motor Helmet" took the Oakley package, and placed it in one of those adhesive shipping bags with zero padding, about a tenth of a millimeter thick, and threw it into the bag with outgoing packages.
Anyhow, the shipment began its trip across the country, and along the way, it is compressed countless times, probably gets a box or two stacked on top of it. Gets thrown into several sorting bins, maybe gets caught in a sorting machine, and finally makes its way into my PO Box, and of course it is packed in thete so tight that I could barely pull it out. I could hardly wait to get home and see the carnage that had befallen my $100 lenses, and I wasn't disappointed.

The plastic above the lenses was all scratched up and kinked. I tilted the lenses in the sunlight, and I could see swirls and a few scrapes right on the business side of my, and soon to be their, PRIZM lenses. I think I may have thrown up a little bit. So, anyway, Amazon was very helpful and began the return process, and I couldn't help but think how my time and Amazon's had been wasted, and it all could have been avoided by placing them in a box that would have cost "Motor Helmet" far less than a dollar, and probably nothing if they had just re-used a box that they had just laying around. I payed for shipping, but they wanted to pay to ship a plastic envelope, and not a box. By shipping the envelope, they probably put another three bucks in their mindless pocket.

Anyway, thank you "Motor Helmet". And congratulations on being crowned "Dumbest Fulfillment Seller On Amazon for the second week of August, 2016. I hope that You sleep well tonight, knowing that You are the dumbest SOB that I ran across this month. You are truly a giant among internet fulfiller people. And thank You for wasting my time. Oh, and just so You know, people ship things in boxes to protect them. It may cost a little more, but when people pay shipping charges, they do so in hopes that You take the money and use it to ship the item properly so that it arrives in one piece. Thank You, "Motor Helmet".

Last edited:
Funny you should mention them. I ordered some lenses from them over a year ago. I received them, but the packaging wasn't right and the lenses felt fake; I just had a sinking feeling and an extra set of said lenses lying around for comparison... Didn't like what I was feeling so they went back.

Sent from Q's Note5

My gears are ground all right. When a stupid person is packing expensive, fragile items, Your time is going to be wasted every time. Obviously they have never worn a pair of sunglasses that cost more than $10, and they wonder why its hard to see through them after a week of throwing them lenses down on the dashboad. I'm just sick of fools like this wasting my time. If I wanted Amazon to hold my money pointlessly for three weeks, I would buy stock in the freaking company.
The lenses were shipped directly from the idiots at motor helmets. Today, I got a set of Oakley Blue Unobtanium for my XLJ's.This shipment came directly from Amazon. The small box of Unobtanium came in a box that the lenses will fit in. So the rubber was well protected, but the lenses were placed in the grinder. GGRRRR.

Last edited:
I hear ya' guys. Trixter, it must be murder for You if You order something from the States. I just mailed my 24K XX to the UK, and a package that weighed ounces cost 15 bucks. Not only that, but I sent it three weeks ago and he's finally
getting them today. That's the UK. Probably six years to get a pair of lenses to Syria. Plus they'd put You on the no fly list!