• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Some People Are Sort Of Stupid

Thanks Trixter, Doug, Mark......everybody.mI guess everyone takes their turn at this, and after a few weeks it's all over and forgotten. By the way Mark. Did the lenses weather the flight? I hired Charles Lindberg's ghost to fly them to You. Nothing but the best for my British friends.

Thanks Trixter, Doug, Mark......everybody.mI guess everyone takes their turn at this, and after a few weeks it's all over and forgotten. By the way Mark. Did the lenses weather the flight? I hired Charles Lindberg's ghost to fly them to You. Nothing but the best for my British friends.
It's 5am there. Might have to wait for a reply .

I feel your pain wally.......and i know all about the horror of getting items shipped in plastic bags, i love authentic MLB jerseys and collect them, only place i can get them is mlb.com store/"fanatics", a part of the huge "fanatics" corporation, and they also ship those jerseys in plasticbags ! And yes, the big back numbers made of twill fabric get bent, creased and wrinkled ! so idiotic to not use cardboard boxes for shipping .

I feel your pain wally.......and i know all about the horror of getting items shipped in plastic bags, i love authentic MLB jerseys and collect them, only place i can get them is mlb.com store/"fanatics", a part of the huge "fanatics" corporation, and they also ship those jerseys in plasticbags ! And yes, the big back numbers made of twill fabric get bent, creased and wrinkled ! so idiotic to not use cardboard boxes for shipping .

Agreed. You know that they're saving a few bucks, but then again, maybe not that much. They can get light boxes that add very little weight. Look at Amazon's cardboard. It's light, thin, and strong. I can only imagine how pissed You get when the numbers are bent and creased. I meabn, what are You supposed to do? Iron a number that's 3/8" thick? You would probably burn it. The only way tho straighten it out would be repeated steaming, and sonmetimes steaming can discolor.
It's just all so freaking unnecessary. People are just clueless about what happens to the consumer. Like my Deep H2O for Flak XLJ. Oakley is only going to make so many for us die-hard Flak 1.0 guys. Then, full production will be flipped over to 2.0. In the long run, when more people discover how great the H2O Deep lense really is, some people will never get them. And idiots who pack them carelessly are destroying a commodity with a finite production number. Oh, well. Fools will be fools. And there are a LOT of them out there.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My XLJ PTIZM H2O Deep Pole arrived (in a box!). It was a great deal, since I had a $50 Gift Card at Amazon, so with shipping, they cost $54. That's one reason I was pissed, because at the time, they were the only XLJ H2O Deep on Amazon. Since I couldn't use my Amazon gift card anywhere else, I thought I may not get the deal on the only lenses that I wanted.
But, All's well that ends well. Here they are. The Blue is a little darker in person than my bad lighting and iPad camera shows. I have to figure out how to get my Nikon DSLR photos onto my iPad. I bought a kind of Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the camera and sends photos wirelessly to my iPad. Looks good on paper! Here they is! Plus, I didn't notice, but up above the glasses, the inside of the case and lenses look like a Hawaiian Idol or something. Bonus!

Last edited:
Going to Lake Erie this afternoon. Gonna' go out on the breakwater and look for some feeshes. I just went for my first dog walk with the Deeps. Everything is very 3-D. With my eyes, depth is not an asset that I enjoy often, but something about these lenses brings out depth. Really make greens pop bigtime. Can't wait to get to the lake. If I can see a big Brown Trout about 15 feet down they will be performing as advertised.

Mr KEATING. I probably asked You this before, but do You still have a pair of Gen 1 Flak Jackets?

Last edited:
Back