• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Some X-Metals For Sale

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
I thought as per forum rule its a 1st come first serve basis right? :confused::confused::confused: no offense to the person got it.

No forum rule saying he has to sell it to anyone

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
No forum rule saying he has to sell it to anyone
What??? doesn't make any sense to what Im referring to.......It clearly says and as per forum rules of what I have read...

- Buyers:

- When you see an item that you would like to buy, time stamp your offer to purchase with a "PM Sent" posting in the thread and PM the seller that you want to buy at NET listed price.
- First come, first served. Period

Read more: Please Read Before Posting In The X Metal Exchange Section | Oakley Forum

Anyway I don't need any discussions about it, and its fine that he didn't give it to me even though that we are already making a deal. Anyway just move on and GLWS

I agree to V2oak, here is the details of the exchange forum rules.

Sellers:
- Be prepared when you list your item for sale. Know that none of your friends want it. If you want to give better deals to friends that's fine, send them PM's in advance. Don't offer them to all in an exchange until you are sure
that none of your friends want what you want to sell.
- Include pics from the start (not adding later)
- State your selling price. If you want to list something and see what it will bring then post it to eBay, list it there and bear the associated marketing fees that you don't bear here on this free forum.
- Honor the first PM'd posting in the FS thread by a responsible buyer with cash in hand. It is your decision whether to honor a request for time to raise funds or move on to the next buyer with funds available. If the first buyer is not qualified, move
on to the next buyer that PM'd and posted.
- If you sell some stuff and this is like a revenue stream, why not give back and become a Premium Member or Forum Sponsor?

- Buyers:
- When you see an item that you would like to buy, time stamp your offer to purchase with a "PM Sent" posting in the thread and PM the seller that you want to buy at NET listed price.
- First come, first served. Period

when multiple items are offered in a single thread i would also add the particular item to the posting that you are pm'ing about just to make clear what you are after.

Username Hidden said:
when multiple items are offered in a single thread i would also add the particular item to the posting that you are pm'ing about just to make clear what you are after.

Yeah, this is a perfect solution for a multiple items. This must be added as a rule for future buyers.

Pending sale on the Juliet Polished

Username Hidden said:
Yeah, this is a perfect solution for a multiple items. This must be added as a rule for future buyers
To be clear I called my shot and accepted the listed price, sending funds immediately.
Username Hidden said:
even though that we are already making a deal
In all due respect Oak, this not the same as acceptance of a listed price. In fairness to the seller this facet should be noted since this is his own thread.
I think that it goes without saying that a seller is free to negotiate with prospective buyers but is also free to accept a full/ listed price offer if one is put on the table in the meantime.
Otherwise if negotiations break down then the seller could be left without a sale at asking price as well as left without any prospective buyers.
You are well respected and been in this game long enough to know that when a unicorn becomes available you move with conviction. No offense meant!

The best response of the seller prior to giving paypal details to second optional buyer on the line is to ask for a listed price counter to first refusal which is the one who offered the first pm. This situation is being controlled by the seller.

Username Hidden said:
You are well respected and been in this game long enough to know that when a unicorn becomes available you move with conviction. No offense meant!
as far as i know that's what I did. We were in talks and im about to send payment and next thing i know, glasses are sold.......anyway its cool though, im just explaining my side.

Username Hidden said:
The best response of the seller prior to giving paypal details to second optional buyer on the line is to ask for a listed price counter to first refusal which is the one who offered the first pm. This situation is being controlled by the seller.
An idea but I can this going sideways too: "hey I've got another buyer offering me $20 more, you can still have them if you want to match their offer". Shades of CL.
I was on the other end once too on a pair of lenses, responding what I believed was first and got passed over. I wasn't real happy either so I'm sorry if I am a party to a dissatisfying experience for you.
I'm headed back OT to Subi's sale of his remaining XS's... GLWS!

Status
Not open for further replies.