1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

Sometimes it's awesome. Sometimes it sucks balls.

I had a bnib set of black juliet lenses listed. Even had the sku in the title. Said they were for juliets in 3 places. A guy buys them and I send him a thank you immediately telling him I'll send them the next morning. Two days later he messages talking about "oh I moved can you send them to a different address? Oh and do they fit a Romeo?" I told him I already sent them to his confirmed PayPal address and no they only fit juliet like it says.

After a week of forwarding he gets them. Then messages me saying "I was hoping they would fit, maybe interchangeable with Romeo. How do I get a refund?" Of course I told him he was SOL, I don't do refunds for people that can't even bother to read the damn listing or ask a question before they buy something. I was nice(ish) about it.

Next message I get from him " I took the lenses to an oakley store, manager says they're fake. I want a refund" leaves feedback saying they're fake.

I called ebay and explained the situation to the very unhelpful woman. She said I could accept the return (he initiated one) or wait it out and let them step in in a week but they'd probably rule that he can return them. I asked what if he sends me some busted fake lenses? She said ebay would look into it if that happens. Until then, wait.

Lesson learned, use ebay as a last resort for selling.

TL;DR:

People suck, ebay sucks. Sometimes.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. coolstorm92

coolstorm92 Oakley Enthusiast

I agree. I hate using ebay. Fees are ridiculous. Buyer protection policy is horrible. I am surprised anyone uses it. So hard to make any money.

3. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

And I thought I was the only one that gets Stupid people buying my stuff on the bay!!

Sorry to hear that. I have had that happen more times than I would like to count.

Ebay 99.999% of the time will side with the buyer. That is the bad side.

Still a good place to reach more eyeballs. Take the bad with the good I guess.

4. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

I have my moments on fleabay hahahahaha recieving an empty box with magazines instead of the one i truly bought that sucks and never got my money back yes i got my moments atleast now they side with the buyers as it should be like amazon no BS. I do understand your situation and it sucks FAKES come on now send to a diffeent location never do that only paypal confirmed address its a double edge sword really i seldom sell there now and if somebody bought from me i message him back and ask him if he really wanted the item as i dont accept returns regardless im sorry to hear that awful experience i hope that jack ass returns the item the same condition you had them also badnews is thats how of members appraise their pieces through pieces sold on fleabay.

5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

It's a good thing I don't read your posts out loud; I'd run out of breath first, for want of a period... :D

SiRacer420, QLR1 and pjd1234 like this.
  6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Come on..... I counted 2. :p

kronin323 likes this.
  7. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Lol this was the longest ive written for awhile i am missing some comas but hey we are not on english class hahahaah

8. Duke Nivram

Duke Nivram (Something Clever)

no but if you want people to understand your post a bit of puncuation and the like really help

9. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

I guess i am mostly on the road thats why using a phone does not make it easier to look for periods comas etc. unlike kronin sitting on his computer 24/7 hahahahahaahah.

10. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I'm just busting your balls a little bit... :rolleyes:

pjd1234 likes this.