• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Somewhat Realistic Dream Cars?

tumblr_m8x35mpmai1rofpefo1_500.jpg

I hope to put one of these prerunners together one of these days. Ideally, my current truck will turn into a project truck after I upgrade in the next 5-8 years.

and because I am a practical little ****, this will be the dream vehicle to upgrade to.
2014-GMC-Sierra-front-three-quarter-2.jpg

of course though, this will be the weekend getaway car
sucp_1008_07%2B1970_chevy_nova_SS%2Bleft_rear_angle.jpg

The Nova is great choice for a toy. :cool-20:

I hope to put one of these prerunners together one of these days. Ideally, my current truck will turn into a project truck after I upgrade in the next 5-8 years.

and because I am a practical little ****, this will be the dream vehicle to upgrade to.

of course though, this will be the weekend getaway car
sucp_1008_07%2B1970_chevy_nova_SS%2Bleft_rear_angle.jpg

Find a nice used NSX (Gen 1). Honda reliability, timeless styling (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) and an interior with great ergonomics that does not look as dated as say the interior from the Supra TT.
From the stock 270HP N/A motor you can go supercharged to about 400 WHP and if you go turbo you can make a dependable 600WHP that at 3000 lbs can pretty much walk anything on the road.
8198101963_b789db2be1_c.jpg
6965510272_61ee951038_c.jpg
Pretty much bottomed out depreciation-wise, here's Edmunds long-term report:
http://www.edmunds.com/acura/nsx/1991/long-term-road-test/wrap-up.html
PS- they bought one without a PPI so they got one that needed stuff that they did not know about. As with any car, get a PPI.

I personally feel NSX's were/are overpriced. There weren't a lot made but there was never a huge demand for these cars except for extreme collectors and Honda enthusiasts.

I personally feel NSX's were/are overpriced
New they were, used they are not IMHO.
There weren't a lot made but there was never a huge demand for these cars except for extreme collectors and Honda enthusiasts
As HP wars raged during the life span of the NSX Honda failed to keep pace. With an anemic ~300 hp a handsome, great handling car was left literally in the dust.
Add a turbo and stand-alone EMS and its a whole different ball game. The NSX becomes the transcendent vehicle that it was meant to be.

I agree that when upgraded the NSX is a great platform.

It was just tough to compete in the "HP Driven 90's" when the Supra, RX-7 and 300ZX were all reigning for supremacy. We all know who won that battle. ;)

I agree that when upgraded the NSX is a great platform.

It was just tough to compete in the "HP Driven 90's" when the Supra, RX-7 and 300ZX were all reigning for supremacy. We all know who won that battle. ;)
The real musclecars? :p :car:

I agree that when upgraded the NSX is a great platform. It was just tough to compete in the "HP Driven 90's" when the Supra, RX-7 and 300ZX were all reigning for supremacy. We all know who won that battle.
I'm guessing the Corvette since the other 4 are not currently in production?

Back