• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sony Makes Ray Ban Knockoffs For Men In Black 3

electricrelish

Oakley Beginner
Since 1997, Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones have been protecting Planet Earth stunting a "Black suit with the black Ray-Bans" as the lyrics go from the movie's theme song. In 2002 on the movie's soundtrack, Smith sang, "Black tie with the black attitude / New style, black Ray-Bans, I'm stunnin', man".

Now in 2012, on the soundtrack, Pitbull sings the lyrics, "Black suits, white shirts, black glasses with a matching tie…" Why the change? Because Sony decided that the Ray-Ban Predators were out and to make their own knockoff sunglasses that you can purchase with a Certificate of Authenticity for $38.00 at MIB 3 (tm) Sunglasses.

Now if these glasses are just as good, then it means that Ray-Ban has been ripping people off by charging $170.00 for their Predators. Obviously, this was an idea after the fact because they aren't the glasses the characters wore in the film, but are obvious knockoffs.

I guess Ray-Ban is not going to go after them. Is Sony just too powerful?

Source:
Product Placement Watch: Why is Sony Selling Ray-Ban Knock-Offs to MIB3 Fans?

Bizarre. Why would anyone want to purchase glasses that aren't even worn in the movie? They may say they're "high quality" but they look cheap. I also note they don't actually tell you what the quality is, their idea of high quality could be way different to my idea of high quality. Same as the McDonalds thread, McDonalds will tell their food is high quality but who here would agree with that statement?

Latest Posts

Back