• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Soon To Be Looking For First X-metal Purchase, Needing Info

Doug Chubb

Oakley Beginner
Indiana
I am soon to be in the search for my first pair of X Metal's. I'm pulling towards Juliet's and am just searching for any and all information I can find on how I can tell the fakes from the legit pairs.

My first attempt is to find a pair for sale here on the forum, but I will unfortunately also be searching Ebay.

Any help is appreciated

Make sure the nose bridge has rivets, looks like it flexes, the tips of the arms must point inwards, not out, and the orbitals have rubber gaskets at the bottom. Look at some of the Juliet collections members have posted so you can get a feel for what real ones look like. If you've trained your brain as to what they should look like, then fakes will begin to look funny to you and stick out like a sore thumb.

Greatly appreciated. I've been scouring this forum looking at legit pairs for 2 weeks and reading the differences from people that have found fakes.

Your best bet would be to purchase one from this forum. I know many would disagree with me, but i don't trust ebay.

Your best bet would be to purchase one from this forum. I know many would disagree with me, but i don't trust ebay.

I completely agree. I'm bored at work tonight and was just scouring ebay looking at random oakley items and saw way too much of people asking twice what something would cost for me to go buy it now. And of course if they are selling fakes, the smart ones only show pictures that keep you from definately spotting it as fake. And just all around a lot of stuff that I don't trust.

I know there are some good stuff and great buys on e-bay but for something i'm looking at spending a decent amount of $$ on, I prefer it come from someplace I trust a little more.

And like I said in my initial post, i'm hoping to find someone selling some metals here on the forum for a decent price when I come to buy.

Back