• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SOOO Frustrated

atrain

O-Forums Boss of Bosses
I dont know if any of you guys have ever had a bunch of problems collecting all at once that it has made you think of giving up collecting all together? I am feeling that way right now for a few reasons all piled up at once. Some of you may know whats going on but I just wanted to vent. Most of the people on this forum are great people and come from all walks of life and all have good advice. Long story short im out 2 peices right now. One seems to be lost in the mail and the other, wel I wont mention whats going on with that but I am at the point where I want to say F It and forget about both of them. As you may have guessed one is a boss and the other is a X-Squared. Just wanted to reach out and see if you guys have felt my frustration and felt the desire to quit?

Yup.

Money problems coming rolling in right now. I overreached, and now it's uncomfortable.

Not that I'm broke or anything, but adding up the Oakley stuff and seeing dollar signs and frustration.

Not to mention a certain aspect of the collection that turned from joy and discovery into a money pit and incomplete agony.

There are days I'd like to take it all to the wood chipper, and days where I want to buy more and read and research and get excited about collecting.

When it comes to purchasing.....yes. I honestly feel like there is so much product out there to purchase that it's insane.

However....not sure what happened with you but that sucks.

Do you still feel that way or did you get over it. I am soo disgusted right now.
I edited my post above

Right now I'm on a roller coaster. Today I feel like selling all but a handful of pairs I'd really wear. Like less than 10. I felt like that back in October, but selling off a dozen pairs and making a few big purchases really picked me up, but now it's feeling a bit bloated again... at this point it's not money, it's just frustration, and another point of anxiety I don't need.

But I know come summer time after all the bills are paid and it's sunny every day I'll feel the need to buy again.

Oh I got a pair off Ebay this week too that was DIRTY as hell. After I washed them they were fine but come one clean your stuff before you sell it!!
Hopefully he didn't drop them in the toilet before sending them to you.....yuckie

I edited my post above

Right now I'm on a roller coaster. Today I feel like selling all but a handful of pairs I'd really wear. Like less than 10. I felt like that back in October, but selling off a dozen pairs and making a few big purchases really picked me up, but now it's feeling a bit bloated again... at this point it's not money, it's just frustration, and another point of anxiety I don't need.

But I know come summer time after all the bills are paid and it's sunny every day I'll feel the need to buy again.

Thats what im feeling right now, frustration from something that is supposed to be fun and exciting. Maybe if it didnt all pile up on me but im with you Rust, I caught myself staring at my case last night thinking. I should sell all of this stuff and just forget about it all together. It was mainly 3 shelves I was looking at. I dont think I would give up on Oakley all together but I dont need some extra stress in life. I have enough with the crap at work and everyday pressures.

Thats what im feeling right now, frustration from something that is supposed to be fun and exciting. Maybe if it didnt all pile up on me but im with you Rust, I caught myself staring at my case last night thinking. I should sell all of this stuff and just forget about it all together. It was mainly 3 shelves I was looking at. I dont think I would give up on Oakley all together but I dont need some extra stress in life. I have enough with the crap at work and everyday pressures.

atrain , don't make any rush decision to sell all of them.i got the same problem.but to me the pressure from working and having a family at this difficult time is a challenging and the others is oakley with so may great stuffs at the forum exchange or eBay i have to patient and control my self for not spending more and if i want it so badly i just look into my collection and feel thankful that still i have some of the cool stuff too

Latest Posts

Back