• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Soooo... too bad, dont be mad, man.

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
Seems like a very clean break... Looks like a bracket that slides into the arm. Looks like a set screw might have fallen out? I dont see any bending or stress, dont see any break ether.... Has anyone torn one of these down yet? Where is the madman drop test?!?

I don´t believe that someone is voluntary to do a madmad drop test ;) me not for sure LOL

I picked up a badman yesterday and returned it today, I liked to coverage and the frame suited my face but the ear stems / hinges stuck out to much for my liking. I only paid about $300 usd for them and they didn't seem worth that much had I paid full retail I would feel really cheated. They are certainly lighter but feel far more fragile compared to my juliets

I went to my local Oakley store yesterday and tried on the Badman's for the first time. As a Juliet fanatic I too came away a bit disappointed. I was really excited when I first saw them, but after spending a few minutes with them I was reminded how much I like my original X-Metals.

Honestly I am not surprised at all whatsoever What do we expect from softer/weaker metal... and plastic. We will see many more pics like this, unfortunately.

You know how when you see a Juliet with a breached orbital and its like "WOW - How did THAT happen!?!?!?!" ... you know automatically that it had to go through some serious wear and tear to get to that point.

Or when you hear about someone smashing a pair of Juliets, maybe running over them with a car and they are still usable less a scratched lens...

Now what was your reaction to this. I'm guessing most of you, like myself, were not surprised.

Not surprised at all, unfortunately.

If oakley has released this year new "revolutionary" screwless frame construccion (tincan/tinfoil, for example), which makes the sunglasses feel much more durable, why do not use them in their more expensive and iconic frames (madman/badman)?

Very good point.

If oakley has released this year new "revolutionary" screwless frame construccion (tincan/tinfoil, for example), which makes the sunglasses feel much more durable, why do not use them in their more expensive and iconic frames (madman/badman)?

The Tincan/Tinfoil are made of Stainless Steel, while Madman/Badman are O-luminum. Two entirely different metals, most likely the size of a screwless hinge in O-luminum would have probably been to large for a sunglass.

This may have already been noticed but the more I look at mine, it appears as though that broken piece can be replaced rather easily.The ear stem connects to that part that broke which then connects to the frame. Of course the spring tension mechanism may complicate matters.

Back