• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sorry If This Is A Dumb Question But...

i have 'em on my polished black framed inmates and the lenses look darker in person then they do in the pictures on the website.... still have a brownish tint though.... mine are polarized though too...

It's the VR base color of the lense. Regular Black Iridium has a grey base lense and OO have G30 type base lense. The Black Iridium is only the coating and has no effect on the base color of the lense.

It's the VR base color of the lense. Regular Black Iridium has a grey base lense and OO have G30 type base lense. The Black Iridium is only the coating and has no effect on the base color of the lense.
Okay, I understand that the base of the lens is brownish for the VR28 but it seems like the Black Iridium for the VR28 is barely reflective at all from what I've seen in stores and online. I guess what I'm saying is that for a Black Iridium, I'd think that it still has the high reflective sheen from the Iridium coating but the ones I've seen in stores or online just don't seem to have it.

^^ nah they're definitely pretty reflective, i'm looking at them in front of me right now and it's pretty much a straight mirror.... definitely can still see the brownish tint but it's still very reflective.....

and just to add, i've only had these inmates with the VR28 black iridium polarized lenses for a couple weeks now, and they're already by far my favorite lenses i've ever used.....

^^ nah they're definitely pretty reflective, i'm looking at them in front of me right now and it's pretty much a straight mirror.... definitely can still see the brownish tint but it's still very reflective.....

and just to add, i've only had these inmates with the VR28 black iridium polarized lenses for a couple weeks now, and they're already by far my favorite lenses i've ever used.....
Heh, the guy at the store must've shown me a regular VR28 then. Those don't have reflection right?

It was for that reason that I was turned away from the VR28. I'll have to make sure next time I'm in the store to double check and not just take the word of the rep there. Guy was new, I think. LOL

I have heard very good things about the VR28 Black Iridium and hopefully if they are reflective I'll pick up a pair for my New Square Wire.

Okay, so I went to the O Store tonight and rummaged through their wares and saw the VR28 Black Iridium and yes, these were different from the ones I saw at the Vault when the guy showed them to me. Definitely has the metallic reflection on them. I'll probably be picking up a set for my New Square Wire. :D

Latest Posts

Back