• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Spine Case $400

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
It is pretty sweet looking. I'm just old school and want one of the riveted ones..

View attachment 976716
I originally wanted a double-wide 1.0 case, but ended up with two single-wides exactly like what you have pictured here. I polished both cases, aluminum and plexiglas, and it was quite a messy and time-consuming job. I wore out a DA polisher in the process, and ended up with a replacement. I used several containers of Mother's, Blue Magic, NOVUS (for the plexi), and dozens and dozens of microfiber towels... somewhere between 48 and 72! If you get one of these that need TLC, message me and I will suggest an alternative to what I did... still work, but much less messy, and fewer materials/supplies.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
I originally wanted a double-wide 1.0 case, but ended up with two single-wides exactly like what you have pictured here. I polished both cases, aluminum and plexiglas, and it was quite a messy and time-consuming job. I wore out a DA polisher in the process, and ended up with a replacement. I used several containers of Mother's, Blue Magic, NOVUS (for the plexi), and dozens and dozens of microfiber towels... somewhere between 48 and 72! If you get one of these that need TLC, message me and I will suggest an alternative to what I did... still work, but much less messy, and fewer materials/supplies.
Appreciate the heads up and help. I'll be fine with some tasteful distress on the aluminum, but if the plexi is too bad, I'll probably just replace with new plexi or preferably actual glass.

Wish I was closer!!

I will bid one chick fil a chicken nugget meal over what @Chet Manley bids.

Back