• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spine Display Case Feet

Cmeyers

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello,
I thought I read on a thread somewhere that the double wide spine feet can be rotated to create a narrower base rather than the wide. Is this correct? Has anyone done this to theirs in the past. I was going to put it in a spot in my basement but it is 4 inches to wide at the base. Any advice on how to do this or what tools I will need would be great!
Thanks,

Well that stinks. Thanks for your help!

Sorry man. I have one and saw pics before I picked it up and was positive those damn legs could be "squeezed". They couldn't. I had to switch rooms when I got it home..but it is still one of their better cases design-wise, IMHO. If you can get it, get it and enjoy!

If your spine double has casters then it's fixed. The opd version swivels and I was able to adjust it to fit my oakley room

If your spine double has casters then it's fixed. The opd version swivels and I was able to adjust it to fit my oakley room
What do you mean by casters? Could you show me a picture on how it swiveled?

This is the Spine that I have.

IMG_1478.JPG

Dude I have no pictures but yes they can rotate not that easy , you need to lay it down loosen off the bolts down each side slide the legs down then rotate , it is possible hope that helps a bit .

Dude I have no pictures but yes they can rotate not that easy , you need to lay it down loosen off the bolts down each side slide the legs down then rotate , it is possible hope that helps a bit .

Spenc...how are you doing this? There is no way possible to make those legs "narrower". Are you talking about rotating them on their vertical axis? Like making the front part closer to the case and the back wider, or vice-versa? It is not possible to Squeeze them together to make the legs themselves narrower!!??? Unless I am missing something drastically hidden somewhere!!

Spenc...how are you doing this? There is no way possible to make those legs "narrower". Are you talking about rotating them on their vertical axis? Like making the front part closer to the case and the back wider, or vice-versa? It is not possible to Squeeze them together to make the legs themselves narrower!!??? Unless I am missing something drastically hidden somewhere!!
Dude excuse the crude drawing lol but you can rotate the whole leg 180 degrees so the feet take up less room

image.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back