• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SPLAT!!!! Old School Re-Visited

Is the splatter raised an feel textured or smooth and even with the frames? They look fantastic
The feel is very smooth as opposed to the old textured feel. Mainly, because the Oakley production of the old frames have no clearcoat, where mine do. Protects the paint better and will let you actually polish out a scratch if you should happed to scratch them...At least if it's only in the clear...Just like a car's paint.

And here are the Radars (albeit only 3 of the 4) that I just wrapped up a couple days ago..

Last edited by a moderator:
That should be up on the site in the custom jobs pricing. Let me know if you don't see it there. Should be though.

OMG those Radars are absolutely stunning. Beautiful work. Do you have any experience as to how they will last if used actively? I'm thinking sweat, rain, mud etc etc.

OMG those Radars are absolutely stunning. Beautiful work. Do you have any experience as to how they will last if used actively? I'm hinking sweat, rain, mud etc etc.
I personally have not yet tested them in that type of environment, but I can tell you this: Your car's paint holds up to some of the most harsh environments known, and the paints I use are all of the highest quality automotive paints. House Of Kolor mainly for the colors and DuPont for the clear. I can assure you, sweat, water, mud, snow, none of that should effect it at all. And, you can wax them just the same as you would your car, so if you want more shine, polish them up from time to time lol. The paint will last longer than the lenses when subjected to sweat. Most of the lenses will de-laminate from continual exposure to sweat.

Latest Posts

Back