1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TheRevTy

TheRevTy Oakley Beginner

Just curious if there are tricks as to verify the authenticity of Splice. Included are some pictures from CL, these look like the BackCountry exclusives, best I can tell. Any input?

Should there be a sku printed on it somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator: 5/26/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rubyskull

Rubyskull Ichiro addict

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah to me that looks suss. closest thing is the JP Montoya with black lenses instead of the blue.

4. TheRevTy

TheRevTy Oakley Beginner

5. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

You need to track down Walkerhonda, he's the resident expert. They do look a little fishy to me though.

6. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

That frame looks way too clear, but it could be the lighting. The Splice doesn't have any markings on the frame...about the closest thing I could think of would be the rubbers on the ear stems....one should have MADE IN THE USA ce and the other one should have SPLICE and the "O" icon, but some just have the "O". I could take some pics of mine if it helps.

7. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

It should say Splice on one of the rubbers on the arm & made in the USA on the other. On these though the bottom of the orbits & stems look clear & the top of the orbits look a matt grey. I am not aware of any splice that had this. Speak to dr. chop, oakleynerd, SpliceD & walkerhonda as they are clued up on splice. But initial looks say fake to me. You need better pictures to be sure & ask for pictures of the screws that hold the two halves together as they should be torx screws.

8. Oakley_Sight

The early Splice had no writing on the frames but the later ones did say OAKLEY across the bridge.

9. TheRevTy

TheRevTy Oakley Beginner

The guy said the inside has "Made in the USA" and "CE" but didn't mention any O or other markings.

In searching, there are a lot of Splice pictures that look like this exact same frame, but it isn't listed on the O-Review, or at least none of the pictures match up. Maybe the fakers just decided to make a new colorway.

10. Oakley_Sight

Ask them for more pictures Rev & post them up here so we can look closer at them