• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Splice Worth?

SpliceD said:
Hit or miss on the Splice. They were cheap last year and then it got popular so the prices have been steadily increasing. $150-$200 for a decent pair w/o box seems to be the point right now. Funny thing is that i couldn't sell mine for $175 earlier this year. Guess it's a good thing i couldn't :lol: Not looking to sell anymore though, unless you got a 24k Plate in good condition. /shameless plug

The most common colorway is the FMJ/Crystal Black/Ice Iridium pair. You'll find those all day every day. All the other colorways are a little harder to come by. Not impossible, but not as easy as the Ice.

The fit is VERY comfy. It is by far my favorite frame, hence my forum name. If i had to compare it to another frame in my collection, it would probably be closest to the Monster Dog, with the Splice being a hair wider, making a slightly looser fit... at least on me.

Not a bad idea to start with a less than pristine pair. If you find you eventually like it, Dr.Chop has done some very cool customs for a few of the members on here. You can always get lenses cut or you can pop in lenses from an Asian Fit Unknown. Regular Fit Unknown lenses will work, but it's been said they don't fit as well as the Asian Fit lenses.

I think I have a good idea of what I'd be willing to pay for a pair based on the info you guys have given me. The splice isn't at the top of my list yet, (still have a couple of radars left) It seems that the black with ice is the ONLY color i can ever find lol. I'm weary of a like new pair because if I don't like the fit, like you already know, the selling game is tough! I don't want to get stuck with a pair I won't wear haha.

Maybe I'll find a super price on one from someone who doesn't know what they have!

Latest Posts

Back