1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Today I decided to open up my last X-Mas present, the box was closed until yet.
    Useless to say if you have a good girlfriend you will get good things. Ooops, I mean she told Father Christmas what was on my wishlist and he brought me a nice tool. Forgive me Father
    Anyway!
    The lady is out this evening and there was a nice set of Jawbone lenses inside my shrine.
    Within 20 minutes I've dremeld them down to Split Jacket size. Yeah, that's so easy.

Split Fire - pyb3gki7.jpg

Split Fire - kiq5yhvm.jpg

Split Fire - rpn72lks.jpg

Split Fire - m35julaw.jpg

Split Fire - 5nlil3gn.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Silent Oz

Silent Oz Oakley Enthusiast

Nice job Marc! if you get into lens chopping i will have some business for you in future!

3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

What is the process you use for lens cutting?

4. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Nice work Marc. You've more balls than me. I don't think I'd dare do that with any of mine.......:thumb:

5. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

thats sweeet! nice job bro!

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

great work! Perfect fit?

7. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

you did what! Looks okay

8. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Thanks Oz. I'm not a pro, but I've made some custom lenses before.
    I think with more experience and the frame in my hands I could chop lenses here and there.
    Every lens chopper has his own process. I prefer to glue the old lens with a double sided tape on the new lens. Doesn't matter if you are using a dremel or file, you need sharp eyes.
    Thanks O_S. I have two balls :confused:
    Thanks wms. Let's wait and see what's next :smile:
    Thanks FMJ and yes, they fit perfect. That's my favorite color combo.
    Yes, I think they look okay too.

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

nice1 marc! i personally use the 3000, but a friend of mine has the 4000 - the automatic speed takes some getting used to but it chews through like a dream. the 3000 is more of an "acclerator" type switch so i find it more intuitive - but the 4000 overall is much better. only shame is it doesnt have the easy-twist head that the 3000 has. very handy...

10. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

Brave and more brave...never saw anyone glue/tape a lens to another one before...and a file? that takes way too long lol..

Nice job, but why cut a lens that is readily available? Just extra jawbone lenses and practice? I have yet to upgrade my dremel as well. Trusty old 3000 series gets new brushes in the motor annually lol. I determine speed by sound rather than the switch setting. I don't know if I could do an auto rev type speed thing. Lack of precise control would be tough. I use the cordless also at times, but not for heavy cutting cuz the 10.8v li-ion one has an inherent problem when it loads up under stress the circuit boards pop! Not good...

Lots of fun though...