• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Split jacket Jaw color (Interference)

OakleyFreak

I put the G in GMoney
EveryWhere
Well I got a pair of SJ with the Baby Blue Jaws
Not sure why but my eyes seem to focus on the blue jaw just below the nose bombs
It rather irritating, anyone else have this issue?
I have a pair of Alinghi Split Jackets I need to see if they do the same effect

Anyone else have this phenomenon happen with the Jaw color different then the frame?

Last edited:
I remember when I first got my JawBone matte black with grey jaw, I had the same problem you describe, my eyes wanted to focus on the light colored jaw.

It took a few times wearing them before that effect went away.

95 percent of the time that focus will disappear after a few days. It is probably more so on a split jacket since it is smaller than the racing jacket. If you like the way the color looks I'd say keep wearing it. How did they work out for you?

95 percent of the time that focus will disappear after a few days. It is probably more so on a split jacket since it is smaller than the racing jacket. If you like the way the color looks I'd say keep wearing it. How did they work out for you?

I like them
They work good on the bike
Have not wore them enough to see if the focus would change any. I did get Black jaws, So I may change if it gets annoying

Very cool. For biking or cycling I would assume having your chin down and your head down posture change it will also be less noticeable.

Very cool. For biking or cycling I would assume having your chin down and your head down posture change it will also be less noticeable.
In my experience:
In the drops, the top of the SJ frame interferes with forward vision; you have to look "around" it.
Same with the Racing Jacket, only worse, in that the lower jaw blocks vision of your rear cogs as well.
I'm quite sure that was the reason for the Jawbreaker, and Radar EV (Extended Vision).
Be careful on the road!

Back