1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Oakley Enthusiast

I just bought a pair of Split Jackets from Batwolf

Awesome pair, nice and basically new.

Anyway, they rub my cheeks at times and I am wondering if there is a different nose pad I can get for them?

I am not sure I like them rubbing my cheeks when I wear them, but I need to give them a chance.. these are my only O Matter NON-RX framed oakleys at the moment

Then again, I think the M-frames are the same way

here is how they look :
    Split Jacket Questions - 2011-11-23_15-57-55_132.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bouncing_boy77

bouncing_boy77 Oakley Enthusiast

did yours come with both the small and large nosebombs? switching to the bigger ones might help.

3. -=Jeff=-

Looks like just the smaller ones

4. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

If they only came with the small ones you might be able to get the larger ones through warranty

5. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Yah, you need the bigger nose bombs. Switching them out is easy. Take out both lenses, leave the jaws in the open position, flip the nose bombs back down to their "lock" position, and then push them out toward the front of the glasses. They should pop right off. To replace them, just snap them back in.

6. -=Jeff=-

Thanks guys, now to just get a set of bigger ones.. This pair is nice, light too, they will be good for cycling and other sport stuff.

7. -=Jeff=-

So like pushing them 'beyond' the lock position they are in right?

8. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

^^^ Correct. They'll pop right off. This is from the booklet that comes with the Split Jackets and Jawbones. Figured i'd post it for you since you bought these 2nd hand without the paperwork.

9. -=Jeff=-

Called Oakley today, they are sending me a pair of the larger Nose Bombs..

:dance3:

10. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

Sorry to sort of highjack your thread, but I have another SJ question...does anyone know if the thru bolts are available anodized on the torx side? I know that the button side (front) is anodized or colored in different choices, but are the torx side always in plain metal (unpainted or unanodized, is that a word?). The reason I ask is because I just saw a pair on eBay for sale and noticed that the thru bolts are not fully tightened down (sticking out a little from the front) and have blue anodized torx bolts on the inside. Are these fake? Everything else looks legit...