• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Split Jacket Vs Racing Jacket

kenejhnsn

Oakley Beginner
Brandon, Ms.
Is there a size difference between the split jacket and racing jacket? There is a good deal on the vault on some polarized split jackets. I have tried on racing jackets before but not
split jackets. I looked on Oakley's web site but couldnt really tell.

Thanks

The Racing Jackets are the new name for Jawbone's right? The Jawbone lenses are definitely taller than the Split's, I think the frames are wider too.

I have both. The Splits seem to have more curve to them. The lens height is a little lower but because of the curvature the fit seems a little wider.

I like the fit of the Jawbone/Racing Jacket's better

The Split Jacket can be upgraded to Wind Jacket (Strap & Gasket)

I can not compare, because I hast have Split Jackets.
Weeks ago I had both on my nose and as far as I can remember the Racing is a bit bigger.

I have both and think that both are great frames. The RJ/JB is definitely bigger than the SJ, but I think moreso in the overall lens and orbitals. The fit betwen RJ/JB and SJ are close enough that I wouldn't call SJ significantly smaller in fit. I would say that the SJ has become one of the releases that I give some of my highest universal praise for. I just feel that the split jacket hits the sweet spot in fit, style, colorways, custom ability and generally good fit across many/most faces. If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the SJ.

Not really a fan of the splits personally. To me the coverage and peripheral version is not adequate for a sports specific pair.