1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Oakley Enthusiast

Is this kit only useful for blocking wind?

When I take my kids to the pool I typically wear sunglasses.. since I have switched to contacts there might be days I go with contacts and want sunglasses with some protection from getting the chlorinated water in my eyes.. will this kit work for that?

I do understand it will not make them swim goggles, but I just need somethign to protect more
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

I don't think they will work for that, they don't completely seal the glasses. There are too many gaps and the gasket is a pressure fit (it just clips in on the sides only). Also you might get some fogging if it's hot out.
  3. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

They kind of act like the side blinders for the penny to make it look like the Cyclops visors. They don't seal, but they do help with the wind. It might work for what you intend to use it for.

If you bought the wind jacket set, the lenses that come with the wind jacket are supposedly treated with an anti-fog coating. I haven't put this to the test yet.