• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Split Jacket. Wind Jacket Kit

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
Is this kit only useful for blocking wind?

When I take my kids to the pool I typically wear sunglasses.. since I have switched to contacts there might be days I go with contacts and want sunglasses with some protection from getting the chlorinated water in my eyes.. will this kit work for that?

I do understand it will not make them swim goggles, but I just need somethign to protect more

I don't think they will work for that, they don't completely seal the glasses. There are too many gaps and the gasket is a pressure fit (it just clips in on the sides only). Also you might get some fogging if it's hot out.

They kind of act like the side blinders for the penny to make it look like the Cyclops visors. They don't seal, but they do help with the wind. It might work for what you intend to use it for.

If you bought the wind jacket set, the lenses that come with the wind jacket are supposedly treated with an anti-fog coating. I haven't put this to the test yet.

Latest Posts

Back