1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. tedinblack

tedinblack Oakley Beginner

After I assembled my custom IH Split Jackets with parts from my other Split jackets, I took what was left over and bead blasted the frames, Icons and Thru Bolts. They looked great and I was using them with vented Black Iridium lenses as my kayaking and watersports glasses.

So this weekend I was in the Hudson River learning how to roll my sea kayak, and the person spotting me put my glasses in his PFD pocket so I wouldn't lose them. They got out of his pocket and disappeared! It was only about four feet deep, but the visibility was only about six inches, and despite looking around with scuba mask, hands and feet, the glasses didn't turn up. I'm bummed. I guess I need to buy one of those goofy floating things that attaches to the strap.

Free glasses in Croton Point Park if you can find them!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

Buy the Wind Jacket gasket kit and use the strap that is included or see it you can find one on eBay. Better yet, get some Water Jackets and you can wear them while your kayaking.

3. Gonzo_TX

Gonzo_TX Oakley Beginner

I don't think any oakley's float

4. tedinblack

They did have the strap on them, but they can still come off while underwater. I was rolling constantly and had my head in the water for about an hour and a half, so it made sense to safeguard them. I have wind gaskets but they're not necessary at the slow speed of a kayak. However, I wear them jet skiing and they work great!

In the end they're tools, equipment to help you do what you need to do. I'll write these off my taxes and eventually order another pair from Standard Issue. In the meantime I'll use my other pair, which I wanted to keep on land. I'm pissed that I lost the vented black iridium lenses though. I loved those things.

5. HDOakley

HDOakley Oakley Enthusiast

6. tedinblack

I love that clip, I LOVE showing it to people who hate clowns!

"Your Split Jackets will float! And when you're down here, YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!" Keep the glasses, Pennywise...

7. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

That's some serious breath-holding skills you got there.

:wink:

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah a $5 floatie strap goes a long way when youre talking about oakleys on water..

9. tj1230

tj1230 Oakley Beginner

Sorry about your loss. I need to pick me up a couple of water straps I don't feel like losing a pair in Willard Bay while I am messing around on the stand up jetski.

10. HDOakley

HDOakley Oakley Enthusiast

its funny you mention that because i personally am scared of clowns. but i loved this movie.