• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sports Authority Closing

O's & J's

I am Jim Jannard...
So it appears all sports authority locations will be liquidating. I heard some may be selling their display cases. Has anyone had any luck with his or know anyone who has. I've just heard some hearsay so wanted to clarify. I have two stores locally and was going to talk to the manager tomorrow of each.

The one closest to me was on the first round of closures... I haven't bothered visiting the store.

I bought a new pair of CCM Tacks from a SA that is closing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So it appears all sports authority locations will be liquidating. I heard some may be selling their display cases. Has anyone had any luck with his or know anyone who has. I've just heard some hearsay so wanted to clarify. I have two stores locally and was going to talk to the manager tomorrow of each.
Yep. All are closing... Some locations were already being closed before the recent announcement was made.

The location a mile from me here at the dealership has their bankruptcy sale starting today. I may wander down tomorrow morning and see what's going on.

If I can't absolutely steal anything I won't bother. Usually the longer the sale goes the better the discounts but the stuff left isn't all that great.

The location a mile from me here at the dealership has their bankruptcy sale starting today. I may wander down tomorrow morning and see what's going on.

If I can't absolutely steal anything I won't bother. Usually the longer the sale goes the better the discounts but the stuff left isn't all that great.
That's why I no longer do going out of business sales. The prices don't seem to be right. Or the stock is almost non-existent.

That's why I no longer do going out of business sales. The prices don't seem to be right. Or the stock is almost non-existent.

We just had a Gander Mountain close up here, Q, and it was the pricing. They started at 20% off the entire store and held it for 2 weeks, and their prices were normally high, so you were getting nothing. But the wolves picked anyway, and by the time they got to 60% there were some mis-matched wool hunting socks and some kayak gear left. My sister went and left frustrated in about 5 minutes. I feel the same about them as you do.

I avoid them like weddings. :lazy:

Latest Posts

Back