• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sports Edition R1

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
N

nightpusher1

I recently bought an R1 from a lady in Melbourne who's family used to be the area distributor for Oakley,she described them as a sports edition which was not released to the public but was for sponsored athletes,when they arrived they turned out to be a brand new Titanium frame,4000 serial,the beautiful matt colour the same as the first gen Juliet/gold ,complete with root beer rubber and what appear to be factory cut permisson lenses, question is does anyone have any knowledge of this so called sports edition being in existance and if so could you share what you know please.

I too bought a couple of pairs from an ex-Oakley sponsored athele who now works for Oakley and one of those pairs were Juliet's with Persimmon lenses. When I asked him if he swapped the lenses out his response was that he was given it that way. So there may be some true to the story that Oakley at one point may have custom cut Persimmon lenses for the X-metal range for their athletes.
iv85.jpg

I have also seen on the bay, R1's with persimmon lenses which I assumed had been custom cut.

I will take some pics in daylight tomorrow , thanks for your input so-far.

Back