• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spouse Or Significant Other That Hates/loves Your Oakley Collecting?

Spouse or SO who hates/loves your O Collecting?

• Total voters
I guess most of us are in the same boat. Our wives/girlfriends/loves etc etc tollerate us with it. My wife struggles to understand WHY i need more than one pair. If that's the case why does she need two different handbags? (not that i would say that to her face). I use my son's paypal account when it comes to new purchases that i don't tell her about so SHHHHHHHHH. So i guess it's a hate for her although she has enough of her own pairs.....

Its reallly not hate so much as a desire for moderation in spending.. and truly they are just pieces of platic or metal My wife does hate most of the new styles as I do calling them women's frames...men here on East Coast just dont wear white ...at a baseball in NY game u may see one pair in 50,000 people..its not a judgement..I just wont wear violet,pink or white ...or gold but more power to ya if u can pull it off..To me Infinite Hero was insulting with the color choices...Violet Iridium indeed

Violet is in reference to the Purple Heart for wounded/KIA soldiers. They didn't just arbitrarily pick a color. There's meaning behind it.

My wife only tends to speak up when I buy the same frame or something similar. But she does know that Oakley doesn't screw around when it comes to making glasses so she certainly appreciates the high level of product they produce.

She actually likes Oakley women's clothing quite a bit, especially the snowboarding stuff.

I don't even mention any new purchases to her-I just wear them. Luckily she does not check the prices on Oakleys

I guess I am just lucky, my collecting is definitely encouraged. Definitely a love/love deal.

:biggrin:

My wife just takes off for days at a time when I make foolish purchases...no arguing ..just gone...

My wife can't tell my black ink/black iridium batwolfs apart from my ghost text/ice iridium antix so I could probably get away with making new purchases and she wouldnt notice but she counts how many I have lol. So Yeah she hates that I collect them, I'm not into all the handbags and stuff that she is into ( yes same sex couple). Thats just the point I use for my "argument" lol, the fact that she likes Guess handbags/purses I happen to like Oakleys

Back