• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square invisible lines on oakley lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseaznag

I should Work at Oakley
Hello , i will try to explain in english if i could.
Giving an example , if i put some " fog" with my mouth on lenses i can identify some invisible lines that turn visible with this fog on lenses .
i think that this is maybe a target taht they put on lenses so they can cut them and align the lenses
But is strange that i only see this on some oakley lenses not in all.
If you people are really outside and dont know what i am talking about i can provide some photos or i will try to show on photos

It looks like a grid when they are wet or fogged, correct? I had a pair of ice non polars that did this. This has come up on here before, I should have taken a pic when I had them!!

It looks like a grid when they are wet or fogged, correct? I had a pair of ice non polars that did this. This has come up on here before, I should have taken a pic when I had them!!

Yuup correct , i am glad you can se the same thing , because i was afraid of having and using defective oakley lenses but i can identify this on some pairs , and answering to the other member they are not polarized , they are the straight jacket with black iridium and i identify the same thing on my fuel cell ruby iridium .

On the oakley polarized is easy to see with a polarized filter like a black smoke on lenses , its the polarized effect inside oakley lenses , because oakley dont use polarized filters on layers the polarized effect is inside lenses and if you look trough polarized lenses to oakley lenses you see this effect ( black smoke on lenses )

But talking again about the topic , what is this strange grid on lenses when they are fogged????

Yuup correct , i am glad you can se the same thing , because i was afraid of having and using defective oakley lenses but i can identify this on some pairs , and answering to the other member they are not polarized , they are the straight jacket with black iridium and i identify the same thing on my fuel cell ruby iridium .

On the oakley polarized is easy to see with a polarized filter like a black smoke on lenses , its the polarized effect inside oakley lenses , because oakley dont use polarized filters on layers the polarized effect is inside lenses and if you look trough polarized lenses to oakley lenses you see this effect ( black smoke on lenses )

But talking again about the topic , what is this strange grid on lenses when they are fogged????
I dont know what it is, but it doesnt hurt the performance.

ok thanks , maybe someone can tell what is that grid , but when i identify this some time ago i was able to make a google search and i think i found some information telling that this is to help cutting lenses , i dont know if its true !!!

I have seen it on polarized lenses, but never non-polarized.
Did you test the lenses for polarization, 'cause, hey, ya never know...

I have seen it on polarized lenses, but never non-polarized.
Did you test the lenses for polarization, 'cause, hey, ya never know...
nop nop nop , they are not polarized , i am talking about original oakley sunglasses and they are not polarized and they dont have custom lenses , so if that model is not polarized it cant be polarized??!!! also with a television i can easy identify polarized lenses
what you can see on polarized lenses its diferent , i talk about that , if you look to oakley lenses with a polarized filter you will see like a black smoke on oakley polarized lenses , but that is the polarized effect inside lenses .
i think this grid i talk about is random , not all my non polarized lenses have this grid , and maybe not all polarized lenses have this grid
also OakleyGuru379 talk about is non polars ice that do the same thing

HalfJacket 2.0 Lenses Question?

look to this topic
i dont know why people not concern with this grid
another member identify the same problem with photos
thousands of oakley sunglasses should be with this problem
or only me and the other member we are the unlucky ones ???!!!!!!!
this is not a polarized lenses grid´
i have this problem on 2 non polar oklay and i can give you the serial number
they are fuel cells and straight jackets
i will contact oakley about this
this can be hurting eyes and i will not use oakley with this grid again , i felt some eye reactions.....!!!!!!!

please make experience , put some moist ( fog ) with your mouth , like breath to the lenses and look to the lenses carefully with a flashlight

this is not easy to see , but maybe with the sun dont make good to your eyes!!
i dont see this on other sunglasses brand , maybe this only a quality lens feature , being ironic!!!
i will send an email to oakley

IMG236.jpg

IMG237.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back